Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any one got an anthem 29er
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

As the title really
    Interested in how people found them

Rorschach
    Free Member

Google?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Thanks for that-I think you’ve come up with useful input like that before

If you google it’s pretty much all American experience so, pardon me but I thought I would ask for a uk view

Ringo
    Free Member

You got an itch pop 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

Think you can demo one at swinnertons

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Always :lol:-had a quick spin on a superfly carbon job by the other day and it’s got me thinking it would be a good alternative to a rigid ss

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Yes the superfly was Jacks at swinnos and he said they had a large demo- may have a play

Ringo
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve just ordered a big bouncy 29er, can’t wait

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Demo’d one today ( see awesome day on pitch thread) and absolutely loved it. Was smiling several hours after the ride. Amazing on steep and twisty stuff, in fact I enjoyed most on the steepest part of the ride. Didn’t seem anything out of the ordinary riding up fire roads but otherwise awesome.

Top of my next bike list

Taff
    Free Member

My brother in law swears by his. Built from scratch it’s very light and nimble. It accelerates like my 26er hardtail and feels really comfy on the long haul.

tazzymtb

‘kin hell pop, you’ve had the scandal less than a week! You are the most serial of serial bike swoperists I know. (you even make ton at his very bestest pale into insignificance) 😯

andyruss
    Free Member

Own a 26″ x 1 and rode an anthem 29er for a weekend to compare, no real benefits over the 26 that warrented me swapping to a heavier lower spec’d bike .l am only 5’9″ so maybe to short and l am in the 29er is a hybid camp.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Pop,

One of the lads that occasionally comes out with us has one and loves his. He picks between his Inbred and the Anthem depending on the ride we do. He finds the geo and riding position not much different from his On One, but the extra comfort and digging in from the back end he gets from the Anthem, it’s his long ride pick. I’ve got to say that if you can afford more than one bike, then it’s great to have a full susser to chose! I’m picking my full susser first time everytime at the mo until I feel it’s also time for a change! 😉

singletracksurfer

ridden & rated (highly).
    got one on order 🙂
    got to wait another 2 weeks though 🙁

got it especially for longer rides.
    it makes most things easier (& therefore less fun though) so won’t use it on group, easier or short rides so much to be honest.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I must admit it would be an alternative for longer rides but I could just mtfu I suppose!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ringo- what are u having?
    I thought you were having a hard tail built!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I tested one back to back with an Spesh Epic 29er. The Spesh got up slippery, rooty climbs which the Anthem didn’t. Spesh felt much nicer and more balanced.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Boris-interesting, did you try any others?

Ringo
    Free Member

New hardtail on way, but have ordered a transition bandit 29 as well 😀

boriselbrus
    Free Member

No other 29ers. I do own a Gary Fisher 29er hardtail though and several 26″ bikes so I can make a reasonable comparison.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Wow ringo that’s pretty hardcore!

Ringo
    Free Member

Oh yeah baby 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any one got an anthem 29er’ is closed to new replies.