Home Forums Bike Forum Any offers on bib shorts?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Any offers on bib shorts?
  • IHN

I could do with getting a couple of pairs of bibs, any decent offers around that folks are aware of?

dickie
    Free Member

try Merlin

matt_outandabout

I just ordered a pair of these yesterday.

Classic Bib Shorts

Kuco

Depends how much you want to spend? Popped up on facebook Rapha doing 30% off.

nbt

Howies less than half price

Men's Linton Bib Short

Sportful half price on these and other models

Neo Bib Shorts

matt_outandabout

^ I read reviews on the Sportful, apparently the Classics are noticeably better than the Neo, and for such as small cost difference in the sale…

nbt

Fiandre are also in the sale, they’re slightly thick / warmer and have a DWR coating

dander

What’s sportful’s sizing like? Realistic or Italian?

fossy

PX Carnac bib’s are very comfy.

IHN

Cheers all, that’s a Sportful order in, jerseys and gloves in the sale too which is handy

crossed

I read reviews on the Sportful, apparently the Classics are noticeably better than the Neo, and for such as small cost difference in the sale…

Interesting.
    I’ve just bought some of the Neo bibs and really liked them. I might try a set of the Classics as well.

scaredypants

Sportful’s sizing is pretty “Italian”  – I’ve a 34-35 inch waist and I’m a 2XL or 3XL (some are stretchier than others – even in terms of the straps)

matt_outandabout

Phew – as I am 34-35″ waist and 6′ and ordered a 2xl…

IHN

Aaargh, don’t tell me that, I’ve ordered Large as that’s what their size guide said (6’1″, 34″ waist)

crazy-legs

Rapha have a pretty decent summer sale on at the moment:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/bib-shorts-and-tights-sale

richardkennerley

Lidl had a load in last time I was in there

snotrag

I bought a pair of these last month:

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Altura-All-Road-Cargo-Bib-Shorts_241536.htm

Really happy with them.

The Van Rysel kit is excellent too, worth a trip to decathlon if you have one nearby.

fathomer

@IHN sorry to break it to you but I’m 5’11.5″ and 31″ waist and my larges fit pretty snug, which is how I like them for road riding. They have nice long leg length as well, in fact I’m going to go have a browse of their website.

IHN

@IHN sorry to break it to you but I’m 5’11.5″ and 31″ waist and my larges fit pretty snug, which is how I like them for road riding. They have nice long leg length as well, in fact I’m going to go have a browse of their website.

I’m going to have a browse of their returns policy…

stumpy01

Regarding Sportful – I would agree with the small sizing! I’m about a 33-34″ waist and the shorts I got from them (can’t remember the type) were an XL. They fit, but probably a bit tighter than most of my other shorts which are only M.

They are also pretty short in the bib bits, which doesn’t seem to matter when on the bike, but can feel a bit restrictive when you first put them on. Bit weird that, as I’m only ~170cm tall, so God knows what they are  like for non short-arses.

Very comfy shorts though, once riding.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Sportful aren’t as Italian sized as Castelli. I have to go large on Castelli bibs but medium Sportful Flanders’s bibs are fine. I’m 6’1 32 inch waist 66kg.

Great  prices I think I’ll stock up.

IHN

Just to add to the sizing confusion, I’ve just checked out a pair of Sportful 3/4s that I’ve had for years (I knew the brand rang a bell), and they’re a Large…

Screw it, I’m going to order some XLs as well and do some returns once it’s all arrived.

StuF

I find the Rivelo kit on sportpursuit to be pretty good for value

susepic

Sportful and Castelli owned by same parent company incidentally

A tour of the Castelli-Sportful factory

Kryton57

Those Merlin shorts are much better than you’d think, and Galibier £39 and £55 shorts are very good.

quentyn

Rapha have a sale

Le col have a sale

Kostume don’t have a sale but they are some of the best shorts I’ve ever used

Castelli have a sale

Onzadog
    Free Member

Seems everyone has a sale. Think bib shorts might be about one of the hardest things to buy in line. Do the legs fit? Length, diameter? Waist? Height? Bloody nightmare

matt_outandabout

My Sportful classic bibs and classic waist shorts arrived today.

I’m 6’1″, 34/35″ waist and ‘sturdy’. XXL fits really well. The waist shorts are quite compressive around the outside and butt, but with enough thigh and crotch room. Bibs fit differently – they are a different material, different pad, different cut, slightly snugger in fit and not as compressive.
    I’m happy.

But don’t get why the ‘same’ model is so different… ?

matt_outandabout

Oh well, images now broken…

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for Galibier – always good value and superb quality & service.

They do some with different legs lengths, too, to cater for those of us with strange proportions.

dander

Ordered the sportful classic bibs in large and they fit really well. 32/33 waist, 6ft.

mrb123
    Free Member

The Chapeau ones are decent and a good price at the moment.

IHN

I ended up keeping the XL Sportfuls and sending the Large ones back (6’1″, 34″ waist).

Did a non-stop couple of hours on  the roady with them on Sunday, happy with how they felt

Onzadog
    Free Member

Why did the large go back? Too short in the bib, or too tight in the waist?

IHN

Too tight in the waist, just a bit too small all over really.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Can’t imagine they do any shape that fits me then

ogden
    Free Member

Gore C5 is my go to. I usually wait till amazon have them on a deal.

winston
    Free Member

Sport Pursuit have a load of Scott stuff – including bib shorts. I used to buy quite a lot when Start Fitness were doing it cheap and its excellent quality, plus the sizing is more proportioned for those of us who are not 65kg hill climbers!

jonba
    Free Member

Sigmasport have an offer on their own brand clothing range.

https://www.sigmasports.com/brand/universal-colours?sort=bestseller&p=3

matt_outandabout

Sport Pursuit have a load of Scott stuff – including bib shorts.

I used to buy Scott, and we still have lots as a family (kids thanks to kind donations from Scotty Laughland…). I find it really hit and miss. Posh stuff seems really good, although sizing is ‘variable’. But midrange or cheaper Scott is pretty crap I find.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.