• This topic has 75 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Any Masterchef fans in the house?
  • mangoridebike

what was the name of the track they played when they announced Simon as the winner?

Coyote
    Free Member

Nice one Chris! A potential winner there I think.

chakaping
    Free Member

Glad it was Chris, he was the nicest. That Simon seemed a bit smug and the other one was too nervy.

And they so nearly said “we can’t taste your scallops” again. Drat.

djglover
    Free Member

The way John Torode eats is disgusting, it looks like his lower jaw dislocates from the skull each mouthfull

samuri
    Free Member

Surely it’s just X factor but for people who like cooking?

So just like the singing competition, if they were really any good they’d already be doing it.

hora
    Free Member

The way John Torode eats is disgusting, it looks like his lower jaw dislocates from the skull each mouthfull 😆

Hes eyes get me. He looks like Drugzilla, the cokemonster

djglover
    Free Member

he does actually look like him!

Pook

Come Dine with Me is far better.

genesis
    Free Member

I’m not being funny but I wish these people would all go away, just because they can cook doesn’t make them a chef. I can appreciate cooking skills, taste etc. but really its not all its cracked up to be.
    As for Torode least said the better I reckon, and if the popular media ever got a sniff of what the majority of chefs get up to there would be a storm! Anyone read Kitchen Confidential?

jimster
    Free Member

We love the programme, however me and the mrs are convinced they’re not sat in the same room together when they debate the food/chef’s whatever. And do they take it in turns to hit the cooking vino?

Does it really change their lives however?

genesis
    Free Member

Its like Ready, Steady, Cook they get plenty of time before hand to prep and rehearse though the show is shot in one take, as for the vino – did you ever wonder what is in the coffee mugs?

To be fair there have been a few success stories from the show, but the flip side is everyone tries to be a flipping expert then. If people would just admit they don’t like something rather than slate the food I would be happy, but its easier to displace ignorance with bulls**t.

chakaping
    Free Member

Surely it’s just X factor but for people who like cooking?

So just like the singing competition, if they were really any good they’d already be doing it.

But the point of the show isn’t really to change somebody’s life forever by proving they can thrive in the heat of the professional kitchen.

It’s to entertain me. And it does that very well.

hora
    Free Member

I dont like the other cooking shows but this one is watcheable for 1hr. Dont know why tho- just is!

hora
    Free Member

Its on!

theotherjonv

hijack

Does anyone else remember the Vic and Bob / Masterchef with Lloyd Grossman sketch.

Some nights I still can’t sleep for imagining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=towd9vZWDJg

chakaping
    Free Member

What’s the verdict on last night’s show?

Interesting one, I half thought the Turkish lady was going to get it. Thought the winner’s plates of food looked a bit confusing, but they seemed to like his personality best.

djglover
    Free Member

“You’re just a fakey cake maker and I ain’t got time for you!”

hora
    Free Member

I dont know why but I used to almost pass out when the two ‘French lads’ sketch came on Vic and Bob. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPErSMhqMM

chakaping
    Free Member

So who are you all backing now?

Think my money’s still on Matt. Chris could be a dark horse though.

Just don’t want that smug-faced Andy to win.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Andy is world class, shoulders above the rest. Ming the Merciless Bistro Owner is going to come seriously unstuck.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ll have to vote for Andy. But that may be influenced by me currently being sat next to his brother.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ask him if he’s had a decent poached egg off his brother yet.

chakaping
    Free Member

DON’T POST ANY SPOILERS!

Just in case you were thinking about it.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Anyone know that recipe for peach and potato cakes with peach and basil sauce BTW?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member

Anyone know that recipe for peach and potato cakes with peach and basil sauce BTW?

you’ll be wanting scallops with that

MrNutt
    Free Member

agh! he’s just thrown that away!!

Nico
    Free Member

Can anybody tell me how to fry something without a pan?

Or where you would get a bass from other than the sea? (in Britain).

Nico
    Free Member

and where is my comfort zone?

MrNutt
    Free Member

Nico, deep frier?

Philby

Three of the main dishes tonight involved mash! FFS even I can cook mash! Surely they could do something slightly more innovative. Loved the comment by the female judge that the oyster on the beef looked like an oversized boggy 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

DON’T READ THIS THREAD IF YOU’RE WORRIED ABOUT SPOILERS!

I’d have thought that would be fairly obvious.

llama

Yes they have Andy coming over too smug. Is it because he is (son of) Gary Lineker?

Gary Lineker, Ming, and ‘the other one’

hora
    Free Member

I still want Ming to win as he has warmth etc however I fear the big nosed un is gonig to win it now 🙁

llama

No so sure, last year’s winner messed up the ‘critics test’ (at least thats how they edited it)

gavinski
    Free Member

i see it’s not just me who noticed a startling similarity between the big food critic and peter Griffen from Family guy separated at birth

hora
    Free Member

gavinski I thought he looked very familiar but couldnt put my finger on it!!

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Any Masterchef fans in the house?’ is closed to new replies.