Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any Household electricians, need a rough quote
  • Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Hi all,
    My Nan died recently and will need to sell the house etc, the thing is its an old house which will need lots of work doing to it to make it upto date and safe, I have got rough quotes over the phone for most of the jobs that will need doing central heating, windows etc, but the local electricians are being a pain.
    I need a rough Idea how it will be to rewire, a three bed bungalow, it was built in the late 40’s and still has original wiring with sockets in the skirting boards, so the whole lot will need ripping out and new in so if anyone can give us a rough idea I would be most gratefully.

I only want a rough idea as we the family will be selling the house and just need a rough idea on prices for when prospective buyers come looking and saying its going to cost x amount to do this this and this.

I know the best way is for some one to come round and give a proper quote but I dont want to waste anyones time coming to quote for work that will not be done.

Many thanks in advance

PD

turin
    Free Member

Hi,

Roughly and I do mean ROUGHLY if you allow £700 per room you will have a ball park idea.

Of course there will be some guys who will swear blind that it can be done for £1500 and others who will say that the would need to charge £8000

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

tops £2400 and no more !

3 bed terraced 1930’s all swinging and dancing rcd stuff etc all certs.

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Fantastic thank you guys that gives us something to work with

xcneil
    Free Member

Depending on spec and presuming it’s unoccupied I’d say anything from £2200 £3000 very roughly Inc all certification & VAT

project
    Free Member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any Household electricians, need a rough quote’ is closed to new replies.