Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • please help with rebas and travel..
  • trebord
    Free Member

hi, I have recently got some used reba forks, they seem in pretty good shape, and I was told they’re set at 100mm. (the decal says they can be 100 or 115.)
    if at 100 and working properly, how much of the upper legs should be visable? they seem a little short at around 108 (from bottom of seal to top of leg where it meets crown). and what about total travel from rest to bottoming out? I’m getting around 90..
    does this sound about right or do they need looking at??

julianwilson
    Free Member

bear in mind that air forks will ‘ramp up’ at the end of their travel as you squeeze the air into an increasingly small space. I have never bottomed out my rebas, i reckon i have only ever got the top of the seals within 10mm of the fork crown. 108mm sounds ok (i’ll have a look at mine later), you could always let the air out of the bottom valve (do this upside down with the release valve on a shock pump else all the oil comes out too!) and see if the lower legs extend any further out. and don’t forget to pump it back up again after or it will handle like poo.

retro83
    Free Member

sounds about right

BoardinBob

Sounds about right. On my Recons and Tora, if they were compressed to their full travel, you’d have about 10mm of stanchion between the crown and the lowers

boxelder

Let out all the negative air and measure it.
    108mm for 100mm travel seems about right.
    90mm travel assuming the negative air gives some sag sounds about right too.
    +ve/-ve air should be balanced.

trebord
    Free Member

cheers guys, sounds as though things are all good 🙂
    they do feel fine, just thought I should maybe have more of the uppers exposed..

shands
    Free Member

My rebas measure 118mm but I have had the spacers taken out so running at ‘115mm’ supposedly. I never bottomed out at 100mm. I only went upto the 115mm because my cove handjob will take it and why not use it. I have used about 100mm travel once. But that was a Brain out descent on a hardtail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘please help with rebas and travel..’ is closed to new replies.