Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any heating engineers in ? Looking for guide price for a new system
  • Raindog
    Free Member

I’ve just been to look at a house which has storage heaters, if I were to buy it I need to take these out and put central heating in. There is mains gas to a box outside the house, but I’m not discounting other forms of heating. The house is stone built, grade 2 listed, has three bedrooms, a large bathroom, large landing, hallway and two reception rooms. All rooms have quite high ceilings. Any idea of my best options for heating systems, and a guide price please ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Last time I looked Mrcentralheating.com or similar had good prices.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

3k is a decent figure to budget. There are also other factors to consider, insulation, wall chashing and patching up, boiler location, gas meter and main installation if not present

totalshell

3k is too low tbh.
    doing a small three bedroom semi full central heating worcester bosch 24 i jnr radio frequency temperature control 5 rads and a towel rail for 3150 next week frankly its 500 too little so 3k to do a house as you ve described is fanciful for a quality system fited properly unless you ve been to b&Q for a heatline boiler and screwfix for your flexible rads..

rmacattack
    Free Member

lots is all i can say. im a spark and work alongside plumbers and they are paid far too much 😛 But its like everything else, materails are dear to buy and dear to install. put 5k away

zimbo
    Free Member

3k is too low tbh.

I’d agree. I’d be tempted to double that for a quality system that complies fully with current regulations and includes all the builder’s works mentioned.

totalshell

i would nt go 6k for the property as described quality gear say a minimum 28i jnr plus controls plus rads looking at about 2200 worth of materials at trade prices add two blokes wages and a spark all your certs and low 4 i’d reckon should get you done.. cant start till ist week in July though.. any good?

enduro-aid
    Free Member

having paid 2k last year for a boiler and a couple of rads moved and new install i would say i tend to agree with the guys here 3-3.5k is a decent price for that kind of system

zimbo
    Free Member

Hmmm…Grade 2 listed building, with no existing central heating…I’d be cautious. It might require a lot more thought, work and expense than a lot of heating installations. The kit itself might be standard, but the pipe runs and reinstatement might be less straightforward. Might be worth having a chat with your local authority’s conservation officer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any heating engineers in ? Looking for guide price for a new system’ is closed to new replies.