• This topic has 67 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tails.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Any good youtube channels?
  • paton
    Free Member

snotrag

Paul the Punter is a really good one I enjoy. He’s another “mere mortal” rider who’s very good at the production side of things and is very relatable. Did a good series this summer touring Morzine, Champery etc.

A recent vid where he was invited to an end of season event by Fox and goes riding with a bunch of the fastest DH racers.

russyh
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the Pinned TV channel, very relatable UK MTB/grass routes enduro racing.  Most enjoyable.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dave Jenvey

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I liked bkxc but find his constant laughing through the videos a bit long in the tooth and it’s almost like he’s having to tell us how good it is when we can clearly see most of his rides look mega and is living the dream overall great content seems a nice guy but I have the whole idea patreon is funding his dream

Patreon has also funded Seth’s new house ….he says every penny from his patreon is going into a bike park ….well you can go onto patreon and calculate how much they are making and if he’s building a bike park i should be the world’s best given how much he’s earning .I also find his content has become lame and it’s almost as if he finds the whole filming YouTube side of things inconvenient these days as his videos are never more than monthly .

Pinned tv great guy vlogs can be hit and miss .gets a shit load of free goods that us mere morsels are paying for And isn’t always the most pc guy but I quite like that won’t him

Daily MTB rider _cznt stand him.watched a couple never again
    Paul the punter -as above

Skills with Phil great in small doses but again quite repetative
    Sid and Mackay single-track sampler awesome MTB and the likes are all absolute drivel.sponging free loading sponsor arse sucking parasites the lot of them

Tom caffrey great videos but ffs off piste is for skiing and been sick is how I feel on a Saturday morning after 2 many Stella,s and you taking the piss at ae forest out of the e
    Xc boys just made me realise your actually a local bell end

Ben cathro absolute legend can’t do anything wrong in my eyes
    Mctrail rider ok again in small doses
    Ali Clarkson local hebden lad and top bloke and rider to boot but videos can be boring

blokeuptheroad

Patreon has also funded Seth’s new house ….he says every penny from his patreon is going into a bike park ….well you can go onto patreon and calculate how much they are making and if he’s building a bike park i should be the world’s best given how much he’s earning .I also find his content has become lame and it’s almost as if he finds the whole filming YouTube side of things inconvenient these days as his videos are never more than monthly .

He releases a new video every week, not every month. It’s his full time job, he has 1.6 million subscribers so he’s doing something right and earns accordingly. I’m glad he’s made enough cash to buy himself a swanky house, I reckon he deserves it. Good on him.

vmgscot

BKXC (on Patreon) – have actually built a number of roadtrip holidays these past few years from trails watched on Brian’s channel.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I quite enjoy the Project Amber videos – its just a bloke and his dog converting and living in an old ambulance, but it’s strangely compelling!

pedlad

Like Seth and the things he does beyond the biking itself. Like BKXC, v jelous of all his trips especially the recent Pyrenees although his patter is becoming a bit repetitive. GMBN is good when it’s not trying too hard to entertain.

Dave Jenvey is a bit of a tool and he and his mate rode like hooligans past walkers on some of my local cheeky trails which is not helpful

Rustychain
    Free Member

My current fave is Hambini who a friend put me onto last week.

This is the one I started on and it got me hooked. Good if you’ve got a bike engineering interest and like people that call a spade a spade…

jonundercover
    Free Member

I like Sam Pilgrim. Down to earth lunatic who rides stuff I can only dream of!

paton
    Free Member

tillydog
    Free Member

We’ve been enjoying Rebuilding Tally Ho

It kept cropping up in my suggestions and I’d intended to give it a look sometime, but this thread prompted me to watch it.

Crikey! That’s not for the faint-hearted!

Excellent if you like that sort of thing. Hope it doesn’t bankrupt him!

paton
    Free Member

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

+1 For the Matt Stephens ‘cafe Rides’,Episode 5 with Daniel Oss is my favourite so far,but they’re all good to watch.

paton
    Free Member
    ossify

Nothing to do with bikes but I like the mad scientist/inventor types
    Mark Rober
    Colin Furze
    The slow mo guys

Or Corridor & friends for stupid fun videos with great VFX
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4NZW8q6nU

mike2018
    Free Member

If you like pure fast riding footage, check out followCamfriday of Nate Hills: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCywMHpWJsb9GXD0lakYf6WA

fettlin

Grind Hard Plumbing, not what you think…

Bike engines into kids pedal cars, then lob them around there own mini rally stage

https://youtu.be/DrNgnbc8QAU

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone into guitar pedals?

Nahh, thought not.

But if you are bored, interested in two blokes playing guitars and trying out/explaining how all the myriad of pedals work/sound like then this could be for you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUXq8mGmoHt0e6ItuTs10w

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another non-biking channel I’m pretty much glued too..

https://www.youtube.com/user/fullychargedshow

mattvanders
    Free Member

Try donut media for car guys, surprised no one has mentioned it already

unsponsored
    Free Member

A few more

Francis Cade
    Peter McKinnon
    Senders

Cowman

Not ones that haven’t been mentioned so far.

Juliette Elliotts content is good cycling, mainly road

Epic TV Climbing Daily for climbing

Nate Murphy Adventure Show just a good show. He’s grown on me.

Athena Mellor, only just found this. Easy watching some relatable adventures

Mark Felton Productions, interesting military history. Very well done

peajay

Rides of Japan
    Scott Manley
    Aircrew Interview
    Fullychargedshow

All worth a look.

tails
    Free Member

I watch a few of the above plus short edits on Instagram. It often feels all a bit the same with the good riders all doing cutties. I don’t enjoy it as much as when you bought a copy of earthed or new world disorder.

Has Yoann Barelli been mentioned, his videos were pretty fresh before he got injured. I think pink bikes content is brilliant. I’m also a sucker for a specialized marketing video. Jc trails and mtbyumyum are both good for unbiased bike reviews.

Are these guys really making that much from patreon as Cathro always thanks all his patreon subscribers and it doesn’t seem like a huge amount of people paying for his content.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Any good youtube channels?’ is closed to new replies.