Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any doctors? Possibly a broken foot
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When I started walking around this morning it felt like I had a splinter in the side of my foot. On closer inspection it became clear my feet were very different shapes and the sore one is swollen on one side.

There is a hard boney lump where I thought there should be a splinter (no hole in the skin) and that side of the foot is swollen. This is shown in black on the photo. I won’t be able to get to the proper doctor until Tuesday at the earliest. It doesn’t hurt as much as I imagine a broken foot should and I am not sure the Doc would say much more than rest it but I don’t want to damage my last remaining ‘good’ foot.

Basically to I go over the hospital now and get it properly looked at or ignore it for the weekend?

Harry_the_Spider

Last time I saw a leg like that it had been fished out of a canal.

bruneep

This is a confirmed broken foot. Mate came off his bike at Inners last weekend.

I suspect its that black arrow that is causing you the problem. 😉

If it bothers you that much get down to A&E

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It isn’t that painful but I was sent back from A&E with a broken ankle because I wasn’t in enough pain. I went back after three days and they fixed it up but that was 18 weeks in a cast and I am now lame. I don’t much fancy **** up the other foot.

andywhit
    Free Member

Doesn’t hurt much eh. Go to the docs on Tuesday then, doesn’t sounds like an “emergency” to me*.

* Not a trained medical bod 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have you done something to injure it?

I sometimes get odd pains and stuff for no real reason, maybe strained?

As you know, I’m no Doc though!
    🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

PP – I am WCA! I spontaneously injure.

Plus I did a 35 mile ride yesterday

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

35 miles….?
    Could be you’ve just strained it/pulled something from all that pedalling then
    Could be a sting of some sort? But I’d guess you were wering trainers….?
    Hmmmmm

RichPenny
    Free Member

Come riding with us at Westbury. If it hurts loads after the ride, get it seen to. HTH 😉

Hey PP, any chance of seeing your Purbeck photos?

Drac

Basically to I go over the hospital now and get it properly looked at or ignore it for the weekend?

Go to a walk in centre and have them check it out, you’ll be seen quicker and you won’t take up unnecessary time in a A+E. It doesn’t look broken not enough swelling and discolouring but too hard to tell without thorough examination and also need more history.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve seen PP’s Purbeck photies

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rich, sorry mate I know I’ve been slacking with those pics!
    I only got them edited and uploaded last night, sooooo busy this week!

Field....

Andy

You have?

*runs off to flickr*

Andy

Ah – now I understand!

clump
    Free Member

WCA you live practically opposite the General, gotta be worth a hobble over there to get it looked at. Need you on form, its sunny and there’s trails need building in the wood of the lord.

However, unless you have actually done something SPECIFIC to damage that area of the foot it is more than likely to be wear and tear, I would think.

roper
    Free Member

I broke my 5th metatarsal once and the swelling was more prominent. Also my little toe tended to flop around a bit. Should get it checked to make sure.
    Mebbe its just deep vein thrombosis or somfink?

Andy

Anyway – back to this thread – i agree with Clump – have you got any Ibuprofen gel or summit you can put on it?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Erm excuse me, what’s going on here? 😯

This is gross defamation of character, and libelous. My lawyers are examining the matter, and you should expect to hear from them imminently.

I may be prepared to settle out of court.

(For the unenlightened, this is not me. This is just some charlatan, pretending to be me. This is a wicked and evil attempt to besmirch my good character)

nick1c
    Free Member

A muscle (Peroneus Tertius I think) inserts into that area – you may have inflamed the insertion with more use than it’s accustomed to. A rudimentary test for a fracture is to get a tuning fork, hit the double end to start it singing and then put the single end onto the suspected fracture – if it makes you swear a fracture is more likely…..But best of all get it checked by someone who is properly trained.

Russell96

Gout?

dobo
    Free Member

stop wussing about on here wca and invent something to dry up lordswood trails, been over there today and they are dirty, filthy, stinkin and mingin!
    good pics and a good eye for the photos peterpoddy!

lord
    Free Member

could be 5th met fracture ? stress fracture ? xray is what you need to rule it out , best to go to a+e early sunday morning before it gets busy.think gp will only send you for an x-ray anyway.hope that helps

nickc

plantar fascilitis.

Ask your doc about it, not life threatening

project
    Free Member

Thought id broken a foot once then realised it was
    2 x 6 inches.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the name tags are really sweet :o)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any doctors? Possibly a broken foot’ is closed to new replies.