Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Any DJ types on here?
  • Creg

👿

every bugger has got some 1210's kicking around! anyone fancy donating a set 😛

should have got in quicker with the Numark Total Control as its now gone…shite.

mboy
    Free Member

He none of this is really helping the OP is it.

Maybe, maybe not…

He know's he's not alone at least, as there's a load of sad gits on here that have spent more money than they care to remember (I reckon somewhere north of £15k in my case) on DJ equipment and records over the last god knows how many years, yet we're still all hanging out on an MTB forum on a Wednesday evening as we've nothing better to do! 😉

MrAgreeable

I think the highlight of my DJ career was after thoroughly rocking the back room of the student disco, using an array of drum 'n' bass records that I had just purchased for way too much money the previous day, a girl told me that it was quite good, and I got paid a fiver (there were four of us DJ-ing and we divvied it up).

The low point was probably being asked to DJ at a mate's wedding earlier in the year. I know there are a different set of rules in effect on such occasions, but I still decided to see whether I could get away with playing a tasteful set of funk, hip hop and soul with a few recognisable cover versions thrown in (e.g. Mary Wells's awesome version of "Satisfaction") By the third song only two people were dancing – my girlfriend and a bloke wearing lederhosen.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

dammit, I want some decks n' choons but i'm too skint & this thread's just reminded me of it!

Creg

Well I was onto a winner. Found a local company that was selling copies of Ms Pinky rather cheap and had spoken to a mate who can get me some cheapo turntables and mixer.

Then I started to look at prices for the USB audio interfaces…..bugger bugger bugger. That puts me waaaaaaaaay over budget and makes this a non starter.

Oh well. Ill keep my eyes peeled for a cheap MP3 mixer effort like the Total Control.

Thanks for all the info folks, its been very insightful.

grumm
    Free Member

Well that ended up being one of the highlights of my DJ career – wow 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

mMMMM Love that industrial noisecore

grumm
    Free Member

It didn't really sound like that btw 🙂

Sorry about the crappy phone video. Just realised I can't even make out what tune I was playing. 😛

grumm
    Free Member

Better video 🙂

Uncle_Riotous
    Free Member

I’m not a DJ but I do produce and have recently released some trance stuff under the name… Singletrack 😀

It’s up on Juno if anyone is interested…
    Nightmare by Singletrack on Juno

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Any DJ types on here?’ is closed to new replies.