Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Any ( charitable ) use for an aging dSLR ?
  • cranberry
    Free Member

I have a Canon 350d that was kept “as a backup” when I got my 500d and will soon be the backup of the backup as I am getting a 760d in the coming days.

Looking on Ebay they don’t go for a great deal of cash- understandable as technology improves. I don’t feel that motivated to sell it – is there somewhere that could make use of it in a charitable way – it is stil a camera in fine working condition with a couple of batteries/memory cards, etc ?

br
    Free Member

is there somewhere that could make use of it in a charitable way

Yes. Put it in a box and leave it on YOUR shelf – charity for you in case you break your current one?

stumpy01

Offer it to a local college that does photography courses?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Erm…charity shop?

theflatboy
    Free Member

You could freecycle it – I’m a bit wary of doing that with good stuff, as there’s a chance the person who gets it will just sell it on etc., but if you vet them then hopefully it will go to a good home… alternatively, local secondary school / college where they have photography on offer?

edit – just noticed the college suggestion’s already been made. It’s a good one, though!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’m looking for some cheap DSLRs for a photography course with kids at work

See https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/what-budget-used-camera-with-full-manual-and-manual-focus-for-kids.587144/ so if it’s cheap let me know.

cranberry
    Free Member

Thanks all, waiting for a call back from the photography bloke at my LCP ( Local College doing Photography ).

cranberry
    Free Member

Wysiwyg,

If the LCP doesn’t want it, then you can have it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stick it on ebay and donate the money to Nepal?

Win (someone gets a cheap but good camera) – Win (charity gets money)

MikeG

Wysiwyg,
    I’ve got a good condition eos 20d I’ve been hanging onto as a backup for far too long, has kit 18-55mm lens and genuine battery grip, possibly an 80-200 usm lens as well, should still have the boxes for most of it. email in profile if it’s of interest.

1-shed
    Free Member

I work in a school helping run a unit for children with with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties and would greatly appreciate a working camera. Any offers kindly received, thanks 1 shed.

cranberry
    Free Member

1 shed – would one of these be of any use?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonpro1/

Edit:

it is not a dSLR, but has a fixed, very good quality 28-200mm lens. It was rather good for close-up work, not least because it has a flip-out screen on the back – something that I have missed on every camera I have had since.

1-shed
    Free Member

Very much so, thanks 1 shed

cranberry
    Free Member

ygm 1shed

1-shed
    Free Member

Cranberry is your email correct in profile? E.g. me@example.com I have just sent you an email.I’m unsure if the profile one still works. Thanks again 1 shed

cranberry
    Free Member

No it isn’t – you should have an email from me if your profile email is not made up like mine.

Edit – just put my correct email in my profile.

1-shed
    Free Member

YGM thanks

1-shed
    Free Member

Cranberry is the best person on the internet 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

wysiwyg – no reply from my local college – are you still interested ?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Surely am 😀

mail me “fixerofphones at gmail. com”

Thank you please

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Many thanks to Cranberry, camera arrived today, bonus multipack of Haribo to boot – like superstar but much better.

Kids mega happy.

Cheers again.

J

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any ( charitable ) use for an aging dSLR ?’ is closed to new replies.