Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Another moral dilemma.
  • allthegearnoidea
    Free Member

So the people in the flat above my work place that belongs to my employer is currently rented out to a lass with 2 kids & payed for by the council, now I know she was prioritised because she was ‘single’ & had kids, but the father turned up a few days after she moved in, no big supprise, I understand that this is excepted pratice to obtain housing benifit 🙄
    Anyway, he abuses her physically & mentally, but that’s by the by, her choice not to kick him out, probably..
    So he was doing cash in hand work, getting absolutely wrecked at the weekend, went down the pub after work every day & generally has more disposable income than I do :mrgreen:

Today I found out why, turns out the scrot is a proper little thief, one of the guys at work had to go into the flat to show the electric man the meter because they were in such arrears that the meter needed to be changed to the prepay type. He banged on the door about three times & then went got the keys, went through the door & promptly tripped over a very big pile of roofing lead! Anyway proceeded & clocked a few telly’s etc lying about, opened the leccy cupboard to more ‘stuff’, anyway the meter was read & the door was locked again after they left. Turns out the tosser was in bed oblivious to all the goings on the whole time, but he answered to his dealer 10 minutes after they left!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone care to give me a reason not to grass him up to anyone who’ll listen?

PS, I’m going to sit back & watch the fireworks until tomorrow, I’m off to bed.

project
    Free Member

Whats his log in name on here, sounds like a sound chap.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

grass him up. there is doing a bit on the side and there is being a crook

RealMan
    Free Member

Put hidden cameras in his apartment and in the hall, then grass him up.

Coyote
    Free Member

Grass the ****.

PJM1974
    Free Member

What do you think?

Kunstler

Probably above anything else, it doesn’t sound like a very good environment for children.

CountZero

Grass him up and get child services involved.
    Oh, and make him eat the lead.

Junkyard
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

What Junkyard said ^

enfht
    Free Member

If you can hand-on-heart say you’ve never nicked lead off a roof then good luck to you sir

alanl
    Free Member

Grass them up.
    Having been burgled twice in the last year, I think housebreakers are absolute scum bags. The first break-in really affected me – waking up every night for the slightest noise. If I ever caught one in the house, I would gladly kill them.

The Country is in such a financial mess partly due to such people, why should the people who live an honest life, pay taxes etc fund his (and her) lifestyle, when they clearly have no morals and are so blase about their law breaking.

Alan.

kayak23

Where is the dilemma?…

allthegearnoidea
    Free Member

The dilemma is that ‘grassing’ is not something I’m comfortable with, & if I do will the police actually do anything? Ronnie Biggs he is not, they probably have better things to do.

Cheers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Of course they will follow it up, theft is taken seriously.

If you’d been burglarized and a mate knew of a burglar how would you feel if he didn’t shop him?

toys19
    Free Member

I had a tenant who was a heroin addict, he stole off all the other tenants, one of whom called me in the middle of the night and said there was loads of nicked gear in the lounge. I went round found a set of alloys, car stereos, two tvs and loads of other random crap. So I called the cops. Did they come? NO. Did they even call me back? No.

So I say give it try. I’ll bet my hat they stay in the canteen and ignore you.

curvature
    Free Member

I cannot believe you are asking such a question.

This guy is trash and needs removing from society.

You have said he is a thief, he abuses his wife and what about the kids?

If you don’t do anything you are as bad as him!

As for mentioning the word ‘grass’ if you are uncomfortable with dealing with the police maybe you are not quite so cleaned and honest yourself?

The end.

iDave
    Free Member

Quite an appropriate OP username…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It’s against the law to take lead off church roofs.? Whatever next.!

Seriously though I’d grass him up then sit back and watch the fun.

woody2000

No dilemma in grassing him up, but is there any issue with the way you’ve entered the flat? From a prosecution point of view like.

SST
    Free Member

this is NOT a dilemma . . . .

just do it.

yunki
    Free Member

see… I like good honest decent law-abiding folk… but I also have a lot of time and love in my heart for cheeky crooks and scoundrels..
    so which is best..?

there’s only one way to find out…

FFIIIIGGGHHHHHHHT!!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Snitch.

piha
    Free Member

So,let me get this right. You have a young family living in a small, filthy,damp flat that you want to grass up cos they supplement their meager benefits with a little bit of extra cash, isn’t he just showing a bit of initiative in providing a bit extra for his family? Surely they are struggling to make ends meet in these tough economic times. Are you sure the lead/tv/etc was stolen, how do you know it was stolen?
    Not only that it sounds like the guy has medical issues i.e alcohol dependence and mental health issues. It sounds like they need help, not throwing out on the streets.

pfft some people 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…….and, as if that poor woman doesn’t already have enough problems, you’re going to put her old man in prison.

Don’t be so bleedin heartless.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Anyone care to give me a reason not to grass him up to anyone who’ll listen?

Given that you haven’t actually been in the flat, what are you going to say to the police? Surely the guy who saw all this stuff has to report it, no?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is he a roofer?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

ernie and piha condones breaking the law or is that some laws depending on how you feel or your own moral code? Bet it would be different if it was your roof lead or you had been broken in to? We live by the law and it applies across the country. If you dont like it suggest you move say to Naples or Sicily, lot of people there who think the same about the law. See how you feel then.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Is he a roofer?

Aye, a roofer who fixes tellys as a hobby in the evenings 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with breaking the law every now and again Pawsy_Bear …….I do it all the time.

I suppose you’re goody two-shoes 😐

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Discount for cash, mate?”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ernie (at the weekend):

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My standard answer: “Oh, you want to pay by cheque? That price was for cash!”

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Anyway, he abuses her physically & mentally, but that’s by the by, her choice not to kick him out, probably..

?

psling
    Free Member

🙄 Irony is so difficult to get over on forums!

I’m surprised you have any morals allthegearnoidea! 😆 Bring it to the attention of your boss; it’s his flat, it affects his business, it’ll be up to him how he deals with it.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

ernie – I just dont think its morally right to steal. Guess from your reply you do, maybe if they had stolen your bike and it was in the flat you would find that acceptable? I think the victims of crime have a view and a right to justice and protection under the law and support from society. Therefore I see no moral dilemma. If you break the law I would report it.

iDave
    Free Member

whooosh

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ernie is STW’s own petty criminal. He’s got all the gear and is never short of an idea.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There’s a woman lives near me, she’s never had a job as far as I can tell, although she’s a bit old for that now. Lives in a massive house, has several cars, always got new outfits on takes loads of foreign holidays all at taxpayers’ expense.

She’s got several kids with her no-good racist husband, none of them seem to do much either speshly her younger sons who are always up to some scam or another, the middle one is involved with all sorts of dodgy deals with swarthy foreign types. Her daughter isn’t too bad actually, does seem to put in a bit of graft. And her grandkids seem a good bit more responsible, her eldest son’s two are in the military I think. Mind you, one of them’s clearly the son of some other bloke her former daughter in law was shagging behind her husband’s back; you can tell cos he’s got ginger hair.

All her kids seem to have blagged nice houses off the state too. And they’re all a bit, well, inbred looking if you know what I mean….

Proper bunch of shysters if you ask me.

Should I grass them up?

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

That households sounds like a right … royal …. mess

you can tell cos he’s got ginger hair

racisit

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Another moral dilemma.’ is closed to new replies.