Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Another Lost GPS – Casteton
  • simonm
    Free Member

Hi All,

Looks like after last Wednesday nights ride I left my Garmin 800 GPS next to my car and promptly drove away..

If anyone has found this I’d much appreciate its return, good beer reward offered and karma for the rest of the month.

I was parked just outside Castleton on the left hand pull in just before the left turn to Winnats Pass.

Cheers,

Simon.

rickmeister

Hope you get it back… I love mine.

This won’t help you right now, but might if it happens again…

A simple thing that might get your GPS back if you loose it. Takes about a minute…
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html

simonm
    Free Member

Cheers Rik. Nice tip for the future.

rickmeister

No problem, as I say, I really value mine on rides and worry about loosing it. Hope you get some reasonable people to get it back to you…

stealthcat

Have you been back to look for it? If not, I was vaguely planning to head out that way this afternoon and can go have a look…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

brilliant, thanks

christhetall
    Free Member

Feeling your pain

I lost mine somewhere on Potato Alley on Sunday. Spent ages searching for it but to no avail. Convinced I must have knocked it off going through the gate at the bottom, but where it could have gone is beyond me

neilthewheel

Your GPS is not lost. it knows exactly where it is.

simonm
    Free Member

Thanks for offer stealthcat, its on my way to work so had a look on Monday, but a whole dry weekend had past so I guess some lucky sausage found it Thursday morning.

My GPS needs to make contact with me !

hora
    Free Member

Abit late but I’m up there Sat am- will keep a lookout.

Have you rung the local businesses (cave or coffee shop(s) etc? Just incase it was handed in or mentioned?

simonm
    Free Member

will try that, cheers

stealthcat

I went up that way anyway – was a good excuse to go out for a ride…

Castleton visitor centre suggested calling Derbyshire police – apparently all TICs have a policy that any valuable items in their lost property are reported to the police, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find that the shops/caverns etc do the same thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Another Lost GPS – Casteton’ is closed to new replies.