Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another fork dilema
  • emmodd
    Free Member

I’ve an ’08 Orange Patriot. Build is about 30lbs or so, single ring, bit of a jack of all trades. I currently have a pair of 2010 Fox 36 Float R forks but aren’t overly happy with the range of adjustment (or lack thereof) and can’t get them to feel exactly as I would like.

I am currently considering two options and wanted peoples opinion/experiences.

The first option is having the FIT upgrade performed by Mojo along with a custom tune and will be the easiest/most hassle free option.

The second is trying to shift the Fox forks and buying a set of BOS Deville’s. This will be the most expensive route to go down no doubt.

Any thoughts/opinions greatly received! 😀

trailmax
    Free Member

This is a no-brainer. If have enough cash – get BOS, FIT upgrade otherwise.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Good luck getting a pair of BOS 160mm straight steerers, I’ve been waiting three months already

emmodd
    Free Member

Who have you ordered from out of interest?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I won’t name names as I wouldn’t want people thinking the shop was to blame (it isn’t, they have been fantastic about this farce and I would definitely use them again) – basically from what I gather BOS keep telling Roger (r53, UK BOS distributor) “next week, next week” all the time, but next week never comes. Got my eye on a set of 2012 Float FITs as a backup, so I’ll be happy anyway 🙂

emmodd
    Free Member

Keep us posted. Probably going to be a month before I can take the plunge anyway.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Oh I know what will happen, precisely one hour after I get the Floats, BOS will flood the market with Devilles 🙂 Still not to worry, Floats are great, already have a set – the new ones with the gold legs and new cartridge should be even better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another fork dilema’ is closed to new replies.