Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ankle arthroscopy/Brostrom repair
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I had an ankle arthroscopy on Monday, and was told that I’d most likely need a Brostrom repair to further repair my ankle. The results from the stress X ray were “Fefinate talar tilting when varus stress applied. Ant Drawer Positive” and the consultant wanted to discuss things in 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any positive stories they’re willing to share. Currently in rather a lot of pain, and thinking that just putting up with a fecked ankle is preferable to having the full repair done, the added pain, and post op physio.

I appreciate I need to MTFU, but feeling a bit crappy this morning.

julioflo
    Free Member

I can’t help sadly, but am keen to hear of your progress. I have some bone spurs from an old injury that are causing some intermittent problems when I up my running miles and an arthroscopy has been the recommended fix. But am holding off for now…

dan1980
    Free Member

My arthroscopy was for debribement of the sinovium, and to allow for a stress x-ray to be carried out for investigation of any damage to the Anterior talofibular ligament so possibly a little different to your problem.

The reason for the investigation was due to 14 years of repeated sprains, and an MRI which the consultant refered to as “A bit of a mess”.

The arthroscopy itself was fine, a day case in hospital, turned up at 7 am, 3rd on the list, in recovery by 1:30 pm. Initially was given morphine for the pain, then dicofenac, and packed off home at 5:30 the same day with codine and paracetamol which just about takes the edge of things. At least I don’t need to get up to the toilet now!

My joint is reasonably mobile if you factor in the ridiculous bandage, and weight bearing is uncomfortable, but doable. I was sent home without crutches, which I think was very mean of the physio I saw as getting around is nearly impossible without them despite her claims to the contrary.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ankle arthroscopy/Brostrom repair’ is closed to new replies.