Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Android 4.3 on Galaxy S3/S4 devices
  • bazingaeuan

Finally got pushed an update so that my phone starts functioning properly again! Samsung took one month to fix it. Still better than Dave Hinde though…

Anyone else feeling a bit biter towards Samsung?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought they were skipping through to 4.4? Not bothered enough to get excited/biter about it though. It’s been possible to get the update for ages though.

bazingaeuan

Samsung Only released 4.3 to the Galaxy range 5 weeks or so ago. The software was so buggy they pulled it from the update servers. Only in the last few days has a patch been available.

They are releasing 4.4 in April apparently…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah but 4.3 has been available for ages as a DIY upgrade you just don’t get the samsung layer so makes it more like the Nexus/Raw Google thing. I’m fairly sure you can do the same thing with 4.4 it’s just at your risk.

freddyg
    Free Member

I received the update on my S4 over the weekend.

I’m not too chuffed with it as it removed all the shortcuts from the notification-pull down-thingy. Things like airplane mode/data on&off.

I haven’t really noticed anything interesting about it yet, is there anything I should look for?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m running 4.4 on my s4 for the past month and it’s very fast glitch free apart from whatsapp not liking it.

spawnofyorkshire

I’m not too chuffed with it as it removed all the shortcuts from the notification-pull down-thingy. Things like airplane mode/data on&off.

You can edit the shortcuts now and add or subtract whatever you like

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve been running 4.3 since whenever I got it – can’t say that I have come across any issues with it on my S4.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cyanogenmod released 10.2 (based on 4.3) for Galaxy S3 a few days ago. I’m on that, very happy with it so far.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

4.4.2 just released today for Nexus devices. Won’t be long before the developers launch customs with this on. My N10 got the update this morning (WA Time)

I’m running Temasek v17 (4.4.1) on my S3 with ART Kernel and I’m sure v18 4.4.2 won’t be many hours away.

edit: v18 IS out….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

fd3chris – Member
    I’m running 4.4 on my s4 for the past month and it’s very fast glitch free apart from whatsapp not liking it.

Whatsapp works fine on 4.4, has done for a couple of weeks. Have you updated it?

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

aphex_2k how do you find stability / battery life on Temasek? Been wondering about making the jump from CM10.2.

Cheers.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Really happy with it. I’ve got a larger Mugen battery in and I use juicedefender. Been running v18 since yesterday and it’s just hit 24 hours and still a quarter battery left. Also turned off google now as i rarely use it and use the fastdormamcy toggle (off) and turn off google location services unless needed. Stability wise its solid. No crashes or lockups and been using Temasek since v1.

Oh and use the Banks Gapps package with it (about 70meg).

Was a big fan of CM but really happy with Temasek’s so far. Give it a shot. The worst that can happen is you switch back to CM if you don’t like it. The beauty of custom roms with android!

theflatboy
    Free Member

sounds interesting. you got a link, per chance?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just google Temasek rom, should take you to the XDA thread with links for the rom and gapps package.

v19 is out. He’s pretty quick on updates! I usually skip a couple of days rather than jump on the latest release just to make sure there’s no huge dramas that get found by the early adopters!

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Cheers. A wee bit of lunchtime ROM flashing me thinks.

spacemonkey

4.4 update going to be installed on my Nexus 5 this morning. Apparently fixes the camera which will be a right bonus if proven correct.

RustyMac

Can any one provide a link to what I need to be able to put a newer android version on my phone – an older Sony xperia x10i

Cheers

Rusty

jimbo45
    Free Member

Im not too good with technology so can anyone tell me how I update my galaxy 4s, it freezes and plays up sometimes

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Android 4.3 on Galaxy S3/S4 devices’ is closed to new replies.