Home Forums Chat Forum Amazon Prime Statement

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Amazon Prime Statement
    bfw

So I have a spreadsheet of all debt and outgoings etc.  Something always hits us with a swerve-ball is Amazon purchases.  So I thought I could just download say 12 months worth and budget an average sum.

If you search for help it seems to be out of date, so I go onto Amazon Help Chat and guess what, Amazon dont have this function…

Just wow!  I bet they dont want anyone to be able to see the total amount?

Fueled
    Free Member

Surely an online banking download would be a much easier way to do this anyway?

bfw

not as easy as there are multiple payment cards (hers,his and house), but it will have to do

and my main point its not available and you can bet its for the simple reason they dont want to help you see the enormity of your spend

maccruiskeen

Its a feature of an Amazon Business account – doesn’t cost any more than a regular account and works in much the same way – that gives you a ‘Buiness Analytics’ option under your order history that will show all your orders for any given time frame

It’ll also give graph form reports on categories of spend (ie the different amazon. departments like Sports, Office, Home Imporovements) and and comparisons of spend between years and so on

The only real dfiffence you’ll notice its it’ll give ex-vat prices so you need to watch what the actual price is (its still there but not as prominent)

You can also set up approvals for purchases if theres more than one user of the account

submarined
    Free Member

Is this like like why my dad couldn’t download a CSV of all the temperatures that his smart heating had been set to over the past year?
    Eg because he was a fringe case that it’s not worth paying the developers to accomodate when it doesn’t actually generate income. Probably the opposite, in fact.

onewheelgood

This is an easy one to solve. Don’t buy anything from Amazon.

frogstomp

So I have a spreadsheet of all debt and outgoings etc.

Can you not just work it out from your spreadsheet?

As above though, it’s not really up to Amazon to provide every bit of information in every conceivable format.

Constructively, you could search all your collective emails for Amazon order confirmations.

bfw

Nope its missing.  Surprising they dont (initially).  For a year!

I will live, I will search in my card statements.  I just think they dont do it on purpose.

frogstomp

If you only need the total figures of the orders you can get a more useable list on your Transactions page.

mashr

there are multiple payment cards (hers,his and house), but it will have to do

Unless you like to hide purchases from each other, can you not just make life easier by having one card for everything?

mrchrist

Banks now have open APIs which allow you to sync all your accounts into one app so you don’t need to use a spread sheet to mange your budget.

I have multiple account, savings and credit card all in one one place.

Google best budgeting apps. I use money hub.

You can quickly find out how much you have spent with any merchant.

ads678

Surely you just go into your purchases page, go back 12 months and tot it up from there??..

Or what frogstomp said.

Cougar

This is an easy one to solve. Don’t buy anything from Amazon.

And that will help with obtaining the last 12 months of historical data, will it?

maccruiskeen

And that will help with obtaining the last 12 months of historical data, will it?

ask again in 12 months :-)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.