Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Am I tight – or are prices getting silly
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Kind of reminds me of a return to the late 90’s when a fairly decent full suspension bike could be had for £1500

Late noughties too.

steelbike
    Free Member

Hold on a moment listening in on a recent conversation with my mates daughters and friends leads me to believe it’s only us saddos that want to own something that get offended by prices unless we have loads of cash burning a hole.

The yoofs are happy to stick it on a credit card and be in eternal debt from what I can gather , they realised the housing ladder is beyond them and so spending 700 quid a month on a pcp car and two hundred quid a month on a 7k bike is just part of the having nice things lifestyle. Someone pointed out I’m into bikes and they positively laughed me out of the conversation because my 2 grand remedy was what the poor people ride these days …. sheesh tough crowd

trumpton
    Free Member

Bring back cash only.

ayjaydoubleyou

Kind of reminds me of a return to the late 90’s when a fairly decent full suspension bike could be had for £1500

I’d take a new £750 halfords 29er hardtail over any £1500 90’s full suss (even in time-machine-new-condition).

It would be better suited for any riding, competitive or recreational.

Any counter arguments welcome

steelbike
    Free Member

Just read Specialized and Canyon have increased costs by 12% lol 500 quid on a road bike that some people haven’t even received yet paid the deposit on , oh dear.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’m inclined to believe them that costs are going to be rising and availability is going to challenged. Not a good look unfortunately when you’ve started taking deposits at shops. But as the article says, shop has to honour the original price (and I’d hope that the shop gets that too).

Any sign that this is a global trend, or is it a change at UK level only?

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Am I tight – or are prices getting silly’ is closed to new replies.