Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • am i being daft? Fatty build question…
  • monkeyp

Just in the process of building up a fatty and noticed that there was no mech hanger fitter. No sign of it in the box that I can see. Is it hidden somewhere i may not have looked?

Also. What is the biggest front ring I can fit? The 36 on my Holtzfellers is going to clash by the looks of it even when spaced out as far as pos on the bb.

Cheers!

JoeG
    Free Member

I had the exact same issue with mine in December and was in a panic!

I found it firmly attached to the rear derailleur. 😳

(It made perfect sense for them to remove the hanger and derailleur from the frame for shipping!)

Edit – I fitted a Race Face Evolve 24-36-bash to mine. Only about 1 mm gap between 36 and chainstay. It is getting worn there… 🙁

monkeyp

I only got the frame kit, so no rear mech.

Looks like i’ll need a smaller ring. Wonder if a 34 will do. When i fitted the chainset i torqued up the bolts as far as i dared as i was certain it was going to clash.

JoeG
    Free Member

Even if you just ordered the frame, the hanger definitely should have been included!

Its not a common hanger, either. I couldn’t find one that matched it from Problem Solvers or derailleurhanger.com, but I was smart enough to order a spare from On-One when they became available. Good thing, as I crashed and bent mine! So I turned around and ordered another as a spare…

monkeyp

On-One have sorted it – one in the post 🙂

Can’t wait to get it built. It just looks mental! Pictures do not do the tyres justice 🙂

twoniner
    Free Member

On-One have sorted it – one in the post

Basics really isn’t it?

That should have been checked on dispatch.

STATO
    Free Member

That should have been checked on dispatch.

They are cheap for a reason ;0)

twoniner
    Free Member

They are cheap for a reason ;0)

That sums it up.

monkeyp

To be honest – it is the ability for a company to sort out a cock up that i judge them on, not the fact that a cock up happened. We all make mistakes.

JoeG
    Free Member

monkeyp +1

twoniner
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 bikes from them and both had ‘cock up’s’ yeah they sorted it but it shouldn’t happen in the 1st place.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘am i being daft? Fatty build question…’ is closed to new replies.