Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Altura Attack jacket – talk to me
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Any good?or should I be looking at something else for that money? Cyclestore have the 2012 model @ 50% off, namely £75..Wheelies have the Madison Flux waterproof Jacket for £63 ( rrp I think on these is £129 ).

I’m trying to get the most ‘ bang for the buck ‘.I’m a 47inch chest so would be looking for something around the 48/49inch mark. Madisons xxl only seems to be a46inch according to their website.

Northwind

I think mine is a slightly different model, probably the one before, but the same material and looks like much the same design… It’s been ace, absolutely hammered and still doing the job (though with goretex patches all over the sleeves and a very balky main zip).

Too hot for everyday use IMO but great in proper foul weather (it’s impressively breathable but that doesn’t keep you cool)

enfht
    Free Member

Attack is a good jacket. Very waterproof and comfortable, 3 layer so good cold weather jacket. I’m using a 2 layer Mayhem until the temperature drops. I think they’ve tweaked the design for this year but last year’s is a bargain for that price imo.

iainc

I’ve got that orange and black one in your first link. It was a warranty replacement. Good quality and nice features. Only worn it a few times when its been hosing down as generally wear a softshell. If I have to ride in cold persistent rain it would be my jacket of choice

tymbian
    Free Member

Should I be looking got a jacket with a hood?

Lummox

I had an early attack, my experience wasn’t great. Brilliant initially but started wetting out early on despite using proper cleaning routines and reproofers.

I bought a second hand gore bike wear waterproof, racier cut and no good for wearing over pads but is both breathable and waterproof and more importantly works like new after a reproof or clean.

Attack is Now relegated to commute jacket due to being orange.

jonswhite

Got the blue one. Really good. Fabric durable. Waterproofing very good. Breatheability not bad (but underarm vents excellent).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Altura Attack jacket – talk to me’ is closed to new replies.