Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alternatives to a Rockshox maxle 15mm axle?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Second time now that the outer ring has chipped while removing the front wheel from a pair of 2012 Revelations. Do I have to stump up £40 for an equally flimsy replacement or does anyone make something half decent?

euain

New-style Rockshox 15mm? Proper QR/cam action rather than the daft collar thing.

I replaced the one on my 2013 Revelations with one and it seems a lot better made / designed. Like this – but in stock: Wiggle Link

acidchunks

They are shit. utterly utterly shit.

Good tip for getting one off if its on super tight (or already buggered) and you’re worried you might damage it…wrap one of those thin bits of rubber from a bike light mount around the cup, firmly clamp on a set of molegrips and turn in the required direction.

Anyone know what was wrong with the older style maxles? a friend has a 20mm maxle on his 2009/10 recons which looks almost indestructible!

Onzadog
    Free Member

That new version looks loads better. That silly thin shoulder to lever against on the old one is just bobbins.

Cheers for that

billyboulders
    Free Member

Saw this thread in the week (when I chewed up the collar on my maxle…again 👿 ) And I just thought I’d pass on the new style lever are in stock here at ubyk.co.uk. Mine arrived this morning and yes it seems to be a much better and stronger design 🙂

br
    Free Member

Second time now that the outer ring has chipped while removing the front wheel from a pair of 2012 Revelations. Do I have to stump up £40 for an equally flimsy replacement or does anyone make something half decent?

Yes it’s a crap design, but mine chipped pretty much first time out but it still works fine – it’s not like it needs to be mega-tight.

Onzadog
    Free Member

And again today. I just keep squaring the shoulder off with a file but I’m just postponing the inevitable. One day there will be no shoulder left. Just want to make sure that day isn’t when we’re packing the bikes for a week’s holiday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to a Rockshox maxle 15mm axle?’ is closed to new replies.