• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Altering Delta QR bike hitch to 20mm? Pics..
  • Wally

Got the above but have not used it for ages due to QR only clamp, however today bike shot across van and how it did not smash side window – no idea. Time to secure it. found that delta do an adapter but no stock anywhere.

Any bodging ideas?

My current thoughts (note the forum name) is to drill 20mm into hardwood, cut in half through hole, hinge and bolt to the carrier arm, using and old front QR as the securing mechanism.

DrP

Get an old 20mm hub and weld it to the bracket, drilling out the side holes to 20mm? (obviously removing the qr clamps on the bracket)?

Or get someone to make you up a new bracket (simple really – just bend some sturdy steel into a similar 'u' shape, but with 20mm soles drilled in the sides. Maybe with some bushings so the axle doesn't get scratched?

DrP

Wally

Well it might work, just need a dainty front slidy closey thingy. 😯
    (many many thanks forge – I will try the cheapy route first – but I understand I clamp that to the QR on the rack)

forge197
    Free Member

this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18596

ETA I should add I use these on that very clamp

Wally

Not pretty – but works.
    Just need to level up by adding wedge to bottom and screw to bar.

forge197
    Free Member

Yes fork-up clamps to the QR bracket so would lift the front up a little.

Wally

IMO Bodgetastic

forge197
    Free Member

that is certainly Bodgetastic!!

DrP

To soon appear on the classifieds:
    FS – front wheel, rest of bike missing…..

Personally I wouldn't have cut the block in half, and would have made the 20mm hole through the wood actually 20mm, but not a bad effort!

DrP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Altering Delta QR bike hitch to 20mm? Pics..’ is closed to new replies.