Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alps Epic 2024 – Did anyone else enter in the end
  • alansd1980

Hi All,

Back in autumn there were a few threads about stage races this coming summer and a few people said they had entered or were planning to enter the alps epic.

Was wondering if anyone pulled the trigger? I did a similar event a couple of years ago and found a few others from the uk that travelled to it and was hoping to try and make contact with some other participants for this event.

It seems to be very quiet on the socials from a participant POV

Cheers

alansd1980

Guess that’s a no then!

wornout
    Free Member

Bump!

Just stumbled across this post. Yes, myself and a few other people from North Wales are racing it. Mixture of solos (myself) and pairs.  It’ll be my first stage race after almost exclusively doing short events for years (CX, XC, occasional marathon, TTs).

Looking forward to it!

alansd1980

I thought this one would have died a death! I have really struggled to find much info on the event

Thanks very much for replying, have you managed to sort out how you are getting to the start and back?

The transport leaves before the first flights from the UK arrive on the Friday morning. The train from Marseille looks like it will get in after registration finishing on the Friday as well

wornout
    Free Member

Ah. Yes – we’ve booked flights in and out on the thursday before and thursday after. Hiring a van from Marseille airport to take us and the bikes there and back. Its more time off than l wanted, but its the only way we could do it logistically, unless we drove there and back, which would have been a huge tasks after racing for 5 days!

prontomonto

I’m going also via Marseille Thurs to Thurs. If you get the more expensive accomodation option, transport from Marseille airport is included. Pricey enough but worth it for us for simpler logistics

alansd1980

Nice to hear a couple more people are going. My French is rusty and was worried I might be the only native English speaker!

It also quite reassuring that no one else has found a simpler route, I investigated sleeper trains, flights to Turin etc but it’s all looking like a faff. Thursday night from Gatwick it is then!

Is everyones training coming along nicely??

wornout
    Free Member

Sorry for the sporadic updates!

Training coming along nicely. XC at Llandegla this weekend, then the Gralloch in a few weeks. Starting to feel good.

The start list came out yesterday. Looks like 5/6 Brits, including four of us from North Wales!

I’m No.67 btw…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.