Home Forums Bike Forum Alpkit Tarpstar 4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Alpkit Tarpstar 4
  • garage-dweller

Has anyone got a Tarpstar 4?

Looks like a good bet for summer bike packing tent to use with my two boys rather than trying to take 3 tents with us.

At the minute we are finding that we cannot put 3 small tents on one pitch because many sites apply a 6m rule to individual tents and not pitched groups. E.g. a family of four in two small domes that fit on a pitch can’t be done but a family of four in one bigger dome tent is fine – one set of cooking stuff, one family unit.  It is a pain when booking as we then need to try and book 3 pitches that may not be together if we book through pitchup etc.  Up to them what rules they make and I’m not moaning but I am looking for a solution!

Reviews look good but can’t see anything on pack size – at least one of our bikes has a pannier rack so I think we should be ok regardless but before I hit the credit card with £250 of tent and accessories any first hand views appreciated.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got a tarpstar 2. It’s very light but the inner fly is quite fragile. My cat got in and had a zoomies moment and shredded the fly. Works fine with tape holding it together though!

garage-dweller

Thanks. I’ve ordered it and cat related shred risk duly noted.

garage-dweller

Well it arrived and it’s up in the Suffolk countryside.  Pegs are a little fragile (one casualty in pitching in very hard ground) and I can see the inner isn’t going to be bombproof.  Space is good, pack size is similar to a little two person tent we have and it’s pretty light with the carbon pole.

Eldest decided to bring his Phoxx 1 so very roomy for two with three people’s gear. PXL_20240819_192040161

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.