Almost unparalleled natural crisis?

Home Forum Chat Forum Almost unparalleled natural crisis?

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Almost unparalleled natural crisis?
  • Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Where’s that?

The drought looks horrendous. That reservior has almost completely dried out and they’re just left with some cruddy shop and no drinking water.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

That said, as this drags on, I do feel for small business owners, who are likely to be the real casualties of this

Agreed. I watch the flooding reports and think people should just crack on and sort it out (which most are) but the small businesses are really going to struggle. Sadly ironic was the guy who had been running the watersports park…

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

That reservior has almost completely dried out and they’re just left with some cruddy shop and no drinking water.

We made an effort to drive the long way round something out here in Oz as there was a road that went through a reservoir and was only passable during very low water. Everyone else in the campsite pointed out that it had never ever filled up…

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

andyl – Member

I guess we could boil it away? How many millions of tons of water do you reckon we have? Need to do a quick back of the envelope calculation.

So, you boil away the water from the Somerset levels, the steam rises, causes clouds and drops in rain over the next set of hills. Somewhere near the south east. Floods the Thames a bit more. Hmmm… the plan needs more work, I think. 😀

Some businesses must be booming? Welly manufacturing?

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Almost unparalleled natural crisis?’ is closed to new replies.