Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Alex Dowsett hour record on Eurosport now
  • Riksbar

Just saying like.

Scapegoat

Will it take him long?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Another 39 minutes

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Seems to be dropping behind now.

Scapegoat

Will he stop for cake in a minute?

Scapegoat

Does the red figure in the bottom corner show he’s ten seconds under pace….oh it’s 8.16 now.

taxi25
    Free Member

Yes. Coming back to him now 😀

thecaptain
    Free Member

Well ahead now surely

Riksbar

He is now!

Riksbar

Go on!

Sandwich

Just under 53km in an hour. I bet that hurt.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Decent.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’s RUBBISH at turning right.

Scapegoat

Good lad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe
    Some
    Nez

What a Guy. 8)

MoreCashThanDash

Never knew he was a haemophiliac! One tough mother, that’s for sure.

tang
    Free Member

Fantastic!

Sam

Really awesome ride from Alex, looked like he probably had a bit more in him as well….

mt
    Free Member

Brilliant ride. Wonder how Sir Wiggins will feel.

Sam

I don’t think Wiggo will be unduly worried, I still expect him to put it over 54. Still, would be awesome if we get a bit of back and forth exchange a la O’Bree and Boardman in the 90s.

Pickers

Did Dowsett say there was more to come and he’d have another go later in the year? 17:20 for a 10 ain’t too shonky either. Reckon he’s only building up to a decent 25 though.

aracer
    Free Member

Wiggo has supposedly been doing 20 minute blocks at 55km/h – Dowsett reckoned if that’s the case then he’ll put it way beyond anybody else. For now though Dowsett has his name in the record books alongside lots of other prestigious names – though I have a feeling that the holders between the rule change and Wiggo’s attempt will be seen as the also rans who made an attempt at the right time. At least Dennis and Dowsett went further than Boardman ’93 which I’d have put as the mark they should have been trying to beat after the rule change – I doubt there was any advantage to the bike, position or biochemistry compared to what is allowed under current rules (which can’t be said for any subsequent attempts in the 90s).

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Spot on, bloody brilliant! It was heartbreaking watching Sarah Storey fail. Forgot this was on today 🙁 I reckon Wiggo will absolutely smash it, if he can get his head sorted anyway…

Sam

Though Rominger did 55.3 in 94 in a pretty much current legal position except 650c front wheel. Pharmaceuticals notwithstanding…

emmodd
    Free Member

Did Rominger not have aero wheels on? Are they allowed under current rules or should they be standard wheels with spokes these days?

simondbarnes

Did Rominger not have aero wheels on?

Are they allowed under current rules or should they be standard wheels with spokes these days?[/quote]

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Alex Dowsett hour record on Eurosport now’ is closed to new replies.