Home Forums Chat Forum ALDI PSA

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • ALDI PSA
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Bluetooth speaker that retails for 20-40 elsewhere for a tenner :)

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sunday-14-december/product-detail/ps/p/wireless-speaker-bug-1/

ste_t
    Free Member

Meant to pick up one when I was there yesterday but somehow forgot but managed to walk out with loads of things I didn’t need. Including Stollen. It’s like a cake made of concrete.

iamanobody
    Free Member

is it 14th december where you are?

ste_t
    Free Member

Seems I was in Lidl…..

budgierider67

Might get one of those. They get consistently good reviews on Amazon.

eskay

I have one of the rectangular bluetooth speakers they sold a couple of months back and it is brilliant.

Smudger666

got one last time they were in – to my untrained ear, they are as good as the branded ones – daughter has one and i couldn’t tell the difference.

only annoying thing is that theres no volume control over the internal status updates – when it tells you in an almost comical southern asian voice ‘Brootoof is awready open’ it is at full volume.

legend
    Free Member

bah, i came here looking for gloves and I’m leaving with a speaker

jimster01
    CountZero

I might pop in on Sunday and pick one up.
    Easier to use than an XDA Mini, no wires to phaff around with.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well Thursday actually.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Wrong thread perhaps, but I picked up one of those serrano hams this morning. Spent 10 mins walking disconsolately round the (small) store which I had not visited before, thought they must not be in or sold out. Turned out they were still out back…35 quid and I should be in ham for months to come. Thanks to whoever mentioned it.

scotroutes

Anybody tried the Five Bird Roast?

geoffj

Does anyone know how the Lidl speakers compare with the Aldi ones? The Aldi ones get good reviews on Amazon, but my google fu is not showing up anything for the Lidl one.

geoffj

Anybody tried the Five Bird Roast?

*considers googling Five Bird Roast and then thinks better of it in a public coffee shop

MattEmulsion
    Free Member

Voucher for £15 off a £75 spend. If you buy todays Daily Mirror

scotroutes

*considers googling Five Bird Roast and then thinks better of it in a public coffee shop[/quote]No footballers involved.

geoffj

jambourgie
    Free Member

only annoying thing is that theres no volume control over the internal status updates – when it tells you in an almost comical southern asian voice ‘Brootoof is awready open’ it is at full volume.

:D

I’m buying one just for that.

You daft racist.

mav12
    Free Member

lidl ones are on amazon £9.69

hypnotoad
    Free Member

How long does the battery last? If I could bolt it onto my handlebars it would make the morning commute a little more interesting… :D

Kunstler

Hmmm… bought one today. Think this thread had given me high expectations. I would be very disappointed if I had spent £40 on it.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a knockoff of a HMDX Jam speaker that can be had for £15-£20 on Amazon.

£10 seems about right.

finbar
    Free Member

Hmmm… bought one today. Think this thread had given me high expectations. I would be very disappointed if I had spent £40 on it.

I haven’t got one of these speakers, but that’s basically my experience with everything I’ve ever sampled from Aldi ever. Cycling kit, serrano ham (bleurgh), food – all of it I’d rather just spend a little extra and get something significantly nicer.

Jamie
    Free Member

The gammon steaks are nice.

DezB
    Free Member

all of it I’d rather just spend a little extra and get something significantly nicer

Fresh meats & breakfast cereals – no other supermarket does better than Lidl.

finbar
    Free Member

Fresh meats & breakfast cereals – no other supermarket does better than Lidl.

Interesting… breakfast cereals I definitely haven’t tried. What’s good?

brassneck

Loose pistachio nuts too. Mmmmmmmm.

And Nespresso caps – the ristretto is certainly good enough to wake you up before you go-go

iamanobody
    Free Member

Jamie – i think mine is a HDMX (says on the base)

DezB
    Free Member

What’s good?

The muesli in the blue & green bags. The granola with berries and bits of chocolate!

finbar
    Free Member

Noted, ta, next time my Dad drags me in there I’ll give some muesli a go.

budgierider67

I’ve got one & I’m very happy with it. It goes plenty loud enough & is very clear. Yes it lacks bass & the electronic voice that speaks when you connect is annoyingly loud but other than that it’s fine.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes it lacks bass & the electronic voice that speaks when you connect is annoyingly loud but other than that it’s fine

It’s certainly loud enough for my bathroom! (And the music :-) )

spud-face

+1 on the muesli, it’s ace! I usually cut mine with the big bags of Asda ownbrand muesli and a bag of raisins, for I am cheapskate :-) I’ve taken a real shine to the Very Berry teabags on the counter too. And the litre of yoghurt drink for 90p (walking-home treat) . The choice of vegetarian food to keep in the freezer for when I’m lazy is utter cack though – keeps me wholesome I suppose.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘ALDI PSA’ is closed to new replies.