Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aldi "Moon-esque" lights
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’ve seen a fair few positive reviews for the Aldi BikeMate lights that seem to bear a close resemblance to the Moon lights, only a smidge cheaper. Problem is, although we have Aldi here, I’ve yet to see much in the way of bike kit and the only lights I’ve seen were tiny little USB charged ones that were $20 – is there any other way of getting these Moon type lights (the long/thin front and rear ones). Do people sell their Aldi one’s on ebay (ebay.de perhaps?)

stumpy01

You’ll need to wait until there is a cycling event and they should have stock then.

I’ve got a Bikemate version of the front Moon Comet and it’s pretty good.

P20

We’ve got both the comet and the copies. The comets are better built, but the copies are fine and just work. Think I bought them from eBay, just search COB bicycle lights. I think you can get both for £12 or so
    Edit: Tenner posted

johnners
    Free Member

Aldi usually do mail order during the promotions, I got one of the front COB types that way. Very good for being seen, not so hot when you find you’ve forgotten to bring another front light and have to ride home from the pub on unlit country roads!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Don’t think Aldi UK will post to Australia though….

They are quite a new “brand” over here and a little slow with bike gear coming out.

whitestone
    Free Member

They aren’t bad, main problem with those we got were the on/off switches, really quite hard to engage and you had to press with your fingernail in just the right point whereas the Moons are much easier to work.

wzzzz
    Free Member
    aphex_2k
    Free Member

Woo

Got this set just now. $30

Seems alright for the price. Plenty of connection options

tthew

It’s mountain bike special buys tomorrow, but not as much choice as usual. Gloves and cheap Muc Off are useful, but no lights.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Rode home with them tonight. Quite impressed. Front is a bit chunky but solid. Rear post clamp feels cheap so I’m gonna try the saddle rail mount. Nice beam from the headlight too even on half power. Well done Aldi

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for commuting since they were last in sale. They’re amazingly bright – I use the dimmest flashing setting and they’re still super bright. I’ll buy another set when they have then again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aldi "Moon-esque" lights’ is closed to new replies.