Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)
  • Alas, poor Samsung Ecobubble
  • Andy

That’s what I tried to say, but it was like banging my head up against a brick wall, very much ‘computer says no’ – even though I pointed out that the returns policy on their own website makes no reference to engineer checks when returning faulty goods within 30 days, it just says that you can return them to the store or arrange for them to be picked up

Its quite obvious that their policy is to tie their customer up in knots with excuses about communication, and “its the manufacturers” fault, so the customer caves in and accepts a replacement. Do you really want anything more todo with a business like that? Better off going somewhere else.

But then you know this 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oooh! This is like watching a gameshow on TV.

TAKE THE MONEY! DON’T GAMBLE!

hooli

Can you not just put it in the corner out the way, tell (Notice I said tell, not ask) Currys to collect it and buy another on credit card from AO on 24 hour delivery.

For the sake of your blood pressure and stress, let the refund take a week or 2 safe in the knowledge that you are rid of them and have clean clothes.

unovolo
    Free Member

Well I think its fair to say that after reading the farce above no one on here will buy from Curry’s again unless its something trivial ie.Pack of batteries.

They really do seem intent on just giving you the run around, personally I would buy elsewhere in the meantime just so you can get the washing done.

Next off one way or another I’d get that washing machine back to the store and demand the refund there and then, most other businesses can manage a instant refund for faulty goods they are just trying to baffle you with bullshit and throwing up hurdles to make what should be a simple process difficult.

If you really must wait around for them to collect then either get them to give you the number for the local store so you can arrange direct or have a look here and see if your local store is listed.

LINKY

johnx2
    Free Member

[Quote]think its fair to say that after reading the farce above no one on here will buy from Curry’s again[/quote]

Init. And a lot more people read than post.

drlex
    Free Member

Wow.
    Just wow.
    Having read this, I shan’t bother ever shopping there again.
    In your kitten-heeled boots, I’d be seeking a refund and be prepared to pay credit card interest in buying elsewhere.

I might also be asking ourmaninthenorth and his ilk to assist with a small claims court/money-on-line action for the inconvenience and expense occasioned.

scrumfled
    Free Member

Smithers! Release the hounds…. (or rabid lambs) 😉

MrsToast
    Free Member

To quote Papa Lazarou, this is turning into a saga now!

So, for the sake of easiness, I said I’d accept the LG replacement. They said that the earliest they could deliver it was Monday. I asked why, as their site said it was available for next day delivery (which was one of the reasons I agreed to it), they said that was just how it is, and that if I put my postcode in I’d find the same result.

So I went to the site and found… the price had dropped to lower than what we’d paid for the original one!!

IMMENSE RAGE!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So, for the sake of easiness, I said I’d accept the LG replacement.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8[/video]

GET. A. REFUND.

I think Hooli nailed it:

Can you not just put it in the corner out the way, tell (Notice I said tell, not ask) Currys to collect it and buy another on credit card from AO on 24 hour delivery.

For the sake of your blood pressure and stress, let the refund take a week or 2 safe in the knowledge that you are rid of them and have clean clothes.

They’re just taking the piss now. The machine is faulty so you will get a refund at some point. Just buy from someone else.

martinhutch

MrsToast
    Free Member

Yep, that’s literally what we’re doing right now!

richmars

Good god man, I don’t think that we’re at the nuclear option of siccing Mumsnetters on them yet!

I think it is time for this.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Yep, that’s literally what we’re doing right now!

**** yeah!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only read page 3, but if I had a car big enough, I’d drive it to the local branch, get a hand to lift it halfway across the threshold of the automatically opening and closing doors and sit on it, loudly shouting “DON’T TOUCH ME” until someone in the shop puts the money back on your card.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Ordered from AO.com, they’ve got over 4/5 stars on Trustpilot compared to 1.5/5 stars for Currys. Machine being delivered tomorrow, and, unlike Currys, they don’t expect you to sit in all day (they give you a delivery window before 8am, and then phone you when they’re 30 minutes away), so I can go to work!

Fingers crossed…

MrsToast
    Free Member

It is going to make navigating around the kitchen hard though! (Darcy – not sure it’ll fit in the Fiesta!)

richmars

I had a washing machine delivered by Currys about a month ago. Selected after midday delivery, phone call to say they were 15 minutes away, turned up on time, removed the old one, and the new one was washing within 10 minutes.
    Just saying that some Currys stuff does work!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ordered from AO.com, they’ve got over 4/5 stars on Trustpilot compared to 1.5/5 stars for Currys. Machine being delivered tomorrow, and, unlike Currys, they don’t expect you to sit in all day (they give you a delivery window before 8am, and then phone you when they’re 30 minutes away), so I can go to work!

Fingers crossed…

Be prepared for the phone call you usually get immediately after the item has been plumbed in/installed. It will be AO offering you extra warranty. Just tell ’em your water broke and you need to attend to it.

philxx1975
    Free Member

I had this crap with them the other day pc world I’ve just posted a link to their social outlets of media . . . . in won’t shop there again tbh. The whole customers are at our mercy stuff their rights seems to be quite prevalent now in high Street stores, I’ll order online on a cc from now on.

brassneck

Late to this thread but exactly what I did. Mrs B goes postal if there’s more than an afternoons gap in the wash cycle, ao.com deliver on their promises every time so far for me (4 appliances of various sorts).

Also, after a succession of gash, less than 3 year life, ‘quality’ brands I bought the cheapest Beko with the required features. Was only slightly more than the replacement direct drive motor from the outgoing heap of junk I balked at paying. So far so good.

mick_r

Really feels like Trading Standards or Which need to be taking Currys to court. Just seems like corporate policy to avoid their legal responsibilities.

Thinking back we had a new Chromebook that went sick in the first few weeks (known charging fault). They wanted ME to send it back to Samsung – I refused and said it was their problem. Went back in 2 weeks later to find it still on the returns shelf in store. Grudgingly they ordered a replacement….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s the lack of updates that hurts the most….

Did AO turn up?
    Are Currys still being…well…Currys?
    Has Planet Toast still got clean underwear?
    Has Mrs Toast ragequit the washing machine game?
    What do Samsung have to say about all this?

gustard_cannet
    Free Member

Samsung…. Washing machines?

ratadog

Hope ao.com worked out OK for the sake of the OP. Have to say that we have dealt with them 3 or 4 times and been very impressed each time.

MrsToast
    Free Member

AO are minutes away!

Currys are still being Currys.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I was going to say this this could be your most important delivery this year, but it probably won’t be.

unovolo
    Free Member

Got a copy of Which? magazine here from last Nov where they tested retailers on there online experience.

I top place was AO.com with 87%,
    Currys were in 73rd place,
    PC world which are pretty much Curry as well(all parts of the Dixons group)were 96th.

Pretty telling really, now for me I only ever go in Currys to use as a shop front to buy elsewhere/online, now I know is this is normally frowned upon when buying bike parts but as they are such a horrendous outfit I don’t feel guilty in the slightest.

The outlet in the Trafford centre always seems to have more staff than customers and the constant’Do you need any help/are you interested in this….’off multiple sales assistants boils my p!55.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I was going to say this this could be your most important delivery this year, but it probably won’t

It depends, can babies wash pants?

Currys are still hilariously insisting that taking multiple days off work over two weeks to resolve a broken machine isn’t an inconvenience – they can’t process the refund until they collect the machine, and they can’t collect the machine until Monday… and they can’t give a collection time on Monday, it’d be all day.

I’ve suggested that we could hire a van and they’d pay the cost, they could arrange a courier, they could pick up the following Saturday but start processing the refund earlier (which I’ve got to go in to store to do regardless), we could leave it outside the house on Monday, or they could collect on Monday and just phone us 15 minutes before they arrive.

The sooner I’m shot of these useless shitehawks the better.

Also, they’re claiming on Twitter that their Trustpilot scores (2.6/10 for Currys and 1.something for KnowHow) are actually similar percentage wise to AO.com’s 9.6/10, because they’ve had a lot more reviews. I’m still trying to work out the logic of that.

sobriety
    Free Member

Also, they’re claiming on Twitter that their Trustpilot scores (2.6/10 for Currys and 1.something for KnowHow) are actually similar percentage wise to AO.com’s/10, because they’ve had a lot more reviews. I’m still trying to work out the logic of that.

The only ‘logic’ I can see is taking the approach of only people who have bad experiences add reviews, and we have far more custom, so the same % of bad experiences means a far lower score.

Which is bollocks.

MrsToast
    Free Member

The only ‘logic’ I can see is taking the approach of only people who have bad experiences add reviews, and we have far more custom

It’s actually the other way round, AO.com have had more reviews!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Currys have now agreed to collect the machine on Saturday. Either the repeated bleating about the Consumer Rights Act took effect, or they just want to be shot of me. Either way, yaay!

sobriety
    Free Member

I wouldn’t yaay until they’ve turned up, taken the **** thing away and refunded you. There’s plenty of scope for them to cock it up even more yet.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I wouldn’t yaay until they’ve turned up, taken the **** thing away and refunded you. There’s plenty of scope for them to cock it up even more yet.

Now there’s a cheery thought!

fanatic278
    Free Member

I went to Currys to buy a new hard disc recorder for the TV. However, they could not let me see it plugged to a TV as Currys don’t pay for TV license for their stores. So the whole point of having a physical shop that sells TVs in their case is pointless! I went away and bought online.

I bought an external hard disk drive for my PC from Currys. It broke in the first few weeks so they replaced it. The second one then broke 1 day after the three month warranty ended. They refused to refund me. I had a big of a strop with the store manager, but no joy – he was just a spotty oik with a chip on his shoulder. I phoned customer services who said there’s nothing they can do, but gently suggested I might want to go to a PC World. They refunded me with no question, but I had spent half a day getting to this point (and lost wages).

I’ll be happy when they go bankrupt.

unovolo
    Free Member

Curry’s behaviour seems to be a great example of how NOT to do good customer service making what should be a simple process long and drawn out and seemingly placed hurdles in place at every step.

Must of gone to the same school of business as Yodels directors , might only be a matter of time before they head the same way as Comet.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Similar washing machine woes in the past. Went in store and the manager refused to help in any way as the machine was just over 12 months old. At the same time my OH saw a perfectly usable travel iron on sale for less than a fiver but as I was mid-strop I told her she couldn’t have it and promptly left the store. And I’ve never been into a Curry’s store since. That was 2006.

Man’s gotta have principles. Even for a £5 travel iron. Creased holiday clothes FTW.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As they turn up on Sunday with a brand new washing machine to be installed.

MrsToast
    Free Member

It has gone! Now I’ve got to go to the store for the actual refund though, so there’s still scope for them to balls up again!

drlex
    Free Member

“Sorry, luv- no record of collection on the system, so I can’t refund you. You’ll have to come back later.”

cbike
    Free Member

Looks like nothing has changed at Currys. Cancel the sale – Purchase online from AO or John Lewis. Or the Coop My 200 quid basic machine just keeps going and going. An internal connector fell out once. No Drama.

Maybe thats whats up with yours? Letter before action?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘Alas, poor Samsung Ecobubble’ is closed to new replies.