Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ah so that's wjhat new nitromors is for!
  • Northwind

Doing a ratty refinish of my car wheels. Did a proper job of the primer, misjudged the drying time of the topcoat, tipped wheel on its side to store, epic runs everywhere 🙁

New Nitromors to the rescue! Too crap to even touch the primer, takes the topcoat off like powderpaint 😆 That’s going to save me a barrel of work.

The world needs more shit products

cloudnine
    Free Member

Have they been bought out by crank bros?

gears_suck
    Free Member

Funny enough, I just tried this shite product as well. Quicker to let the paint weather off!

alexxx
    Free Member

so is proper paint stripper now banned?

bencooper
    Free Member

I just use acetone – cheap and strips off almost anything.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Klendoo red spot still works

stumpyjon

Paramose is the stuff you want, can only be used indoors by professional users though…..anything half decent chemical wise is banned these days.

hot_fiat

I hate refinishing wheels. You used to be able to shift wheel lacquer quite easily with retail paint stripper. Now you’ve no chance. You’d be better off leaving them in the sea overnight. I now give up and send then to CAS coatings in Bradford. £1/1″ blasted and coated is a bargain.

zippykona

Bring back steel wheels and plastic hub caps!

Northwind

hot_fiat – Member

I hate refinishing wheels. You used to be able to shift wheel lacquer quite easily with retail paint stripper.

Luckily these are mondeo wheels so all the laquer fell off by itself.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would recommend vindaloo sauce from Al Fazals in Oldham, but hes been closed down.

RustyNissanPrairie

I have 750 litres of methylene chloride (the active ingredient in old school Nitromors) I need to dispose of if anyone wants to strip the paint off a bridge or ocean going oil tanker…..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Does new Nitromors burn as much as the old stuff if you accidentally dip your chin in it?

alexxx
    Free Member

Guess it’d be inappropriate to post that stuff RustyNissan? 😀

Northwind

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member

Does new Nitromors burn as much as the old stuff if you accidentally dip your chin in it?

I’ve been really careless with it and still seem to have all my skin. You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t test it with my face though

(a mate of mine got some of the old stuff on his balls. Ever had an itch you can’t scratch (because you’re covered in stuff that melts skin?) Don’t scratch it, that’s all I’m saying)

RustyNissanPrairie

Guess it’d be inappropriate to post that stuff RustyNissan?

I’ll pop some in a Jiffy bag…….

Northwind

Hmm, you can buy methylene chloride by the tin… How terrible an idea is it to use it as stripper? (apart from obvious hazardous chemical warnings!)

hora
    Free Member

Seriously?! I was going to raw my full sus frame 🙁

Whats best for alu/paint stripping?

hot_fiat

A blast cabinet and a pile of ground walnut shells? Really struggling with modern “safe” retail chemical stuff. It all just appears incredibly dumbed down. Has anyone had the misfortune to use the latest ineffective dilution of roundup? Reckon the dog’s wee is a better weed killer. And don’t get me started on the unavailability of potassium chlorate.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ah so that's wjhat new nitromors is for!’ is closed to new replies.