Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Afan this Sunday…
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

anyone else gonna be there?

krag
    Free Member

Me… just to watch your epic XC calves pushing a sub zero up whites climb 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

No fear of that, i'll be too busy laughing at the fella pushing a patriot to dismount 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

Yup! I'll be pushing too!

MrNutt
    Free Member

maybe see you there Sheldon? which bike are you gonna bring, a bendy one or a one speed wonder?

sheldona
    Free Member

It's Afan! There's only 1 bike made for knarly trails like that! A SS of course:-)

MrNutt
    Free Member

/looks at the floor, knowing that tomorrow he's going to be overtaken, on a climb, by a man with no gears. I'd best go dust the thimble collection and work on my needlepoint, oh so much too do! (its all in the preparation)

sheldona
    Free Member

Lol, I've been ill so have no fitness! I think my missus will come past first! Oh and she's on a SS too 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

misery loves company 😀

singlespeedstu

Ayatollahofniche – Member

Lol, I have no balls but a huge gut! I think my missus will come past first! Oh and she's on a SS too and is a much betterer rider than what I am.

I'll be there too but riding gears as I'm almost as gay as wokboy with my broken ribs.

MrNutt
    Free Member

what time you folks getting there? I'd best work out what ungodly time I should set off

I too have a debilitating sporting injury that will most certainly be the cause of my pathetic performance (I trod on a chess piece earlier)

singlespeedstu

About eleven. ish…

sheldona
    Free Member

Yeah ^ wot wokmaster sed

MrNutt
    Free Member

nice, I'll be easy to spot, look for the bloke on the most over forked blue bike, typically heading in the wrong direction 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

nice, I'll be easy to spot, look for the bloke on the most over forked bike

That'll be just about everyone there then! Don't forget your body armour it's compulsory at trail centres!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm so RAD I'm gonna be wearing TWO pressure suits!

sheldona
    Free Member

😉

singlespeedstu

'tollah's so rad he wears belly armour* all the time…

*looks like this. 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

I'll be there to doing W2 trying to get some sort of last ditch training in for Kielder 100(who'm i trying to kid), before i embarass myself. 9am in afans carpark then to glyncorrwg for an early lunch if i can get my fat mate up the hills.

MrNutt
    Free Member

1hr 50mins each way for me! best get an early night in considering I've nothing prepared, hell I think the bladder in my dakine pack has probably had children by now, I dread to think what thats gonna look like!! 😯

Carpediem
    Free Member

Currently watching the Belgian GP,then I'll be there for a splash and dash on W2 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

just got back from Whites Level, didn't see any odd folk without gears though 🙄 some cracking sections on the trail but having thought long and hard about it all the (102+ miles) way back I'd say there are some sections (Energy, that wooded section and the section straight after it) that felt like they didn't "flow" as well as, say, Cwmcarn. Speaking of which I think I need to go give that another blast soon…

…cheers for Krag for showing me around and waiting for my unfit self to catch up 😀

singlespeedstu

You might not have seen any odd folks without gears but did you see 'tollah's sick pile on the side of the first climb? 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Eeeuuuuw! 😳

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I am there this weekend coming 3rd,4th and 5th.Cant wait.Bring on the dry weather

MrNutt
    Free Member

haha! the things folk do to shed a few grammes! 😀

singlespeedstu

haha! the things folk do to shed a few grammes!

Think he needs to shed a few more too. 😉

IdleJon

MrNutt – Member
    I'd say there are some sections (Energy, that wooded section and the section straight after it) that felt like they didn't "flow" as well as, say, Cwmcarn.

The Energy section was added a while after the rest of the trail had been opened, and it always feels to me like it belongs to another trail.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Afan this Sunday…’ is closed to new replies.