Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Afan Forest
  • Paceman
    Free Member

A group of us are heading to Afan this weekend. We’ve read the trail closure bulletins etc but were wondering if any more trails have closed this week? or any sections to avoid? e.g. Is Whites climb still open?

Thanks in advance,

Paceman

davidjey
    Free Member

Whites Climb was open as of last thing last Sunday.

However its ‘supposed’ to be closing soon, and given the hilarious lack of notice/communication with riders that seems to be how the forestry like to run Afan recently, who knows if it will be open this weekend.

The Wall is all fully open.

Paceman
    Free Member

Thanks David.

Completely agree, the trail closure bulletin online is very vague about what and when is closing / opening again.

I’m hoping Whites Climb is open as it’s one of the best features of Afan in my opinion; well… makes the downhills more appreciated afterwards anyway!

ryanctj
    Free Member

White’s Climb was open 2 days ago and saw no indication of imminent closure. Goodwood/Darkside still closed so White’s ends with Skyline Descent diversion.

Paceman
    Free Member

White’s Climb was open this weekend, still an excellent challenge, particularly in the wet. Didn’t see any signs of it closing anytime soon.

Windy Point was as fun as ever, fast and flowing, and I nailed all the jumps for the first time which I haven’t had the balls for in the past 😀

W2 Saturday plus the Black Run, Whites Level Sunday morning, great weekend, still worth the journey in my opinion.

wrecker
    Free Member

Go to coed y brenin instead. Wait until penhydds finished and the FC have stopped messing around for an Afan trip.

Paceman
    Free Member

I agree Wrecker, Coed-Y-Brenin has more to offer, especially whilst Penhydd is still closed, but it’s an extra 2-3hrs drive each way for me than Afan. Also spent a week in the summer riding Snowdonia 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Afan Forest’ is closed to new replies.