Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AE + Mabie or Coed-y-Brenin next mon/tue
  • spacehopper

have got monday and tuesday off work next week to do some riding..

originally planned to go to AE and Mabie but how are the trails looking in after all the rain this week?

forecast looks to be slightly better near coed-y-brenin..

oh.. and i’ll be camping on the monday night.. 🙂

any info greatfully recieved!

Trekster

Dumfries weather looking better from Sunday Trails drain well so should be OK if a few puddles here and there. If you fancied doing Ae in the morning whilst I sleep o night shift I could do you a tour of Mabies “local” trails.
    camping here

spacehopper

id be driving up on monday morning from leeds to ride monday afternoon…

then camp and ride the other centre on tuesday morning.. before driving back in the afternoon..

meetup and a tour of the local trails sounds excellent! ive heard good things about your tours 😀

Trekster

Night shift again Tues so Mon is best for me. Could maybe do Tues if it was quiet at work.
    If you do come up what time would you be here? Happy to ride from 12ish till 4pm.
    Another campsite nearby is Beeswing or give Mabie House Hotel a ring, they are allowing campers space behind their Pods. Or are you looking for a “rough camping” area?
    Bit rusty on the bike atm, ben carrying a dodgy knee for a while

Spin
    Free Member

Ae and Mabie are both crap.

If you’re up that way then Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree are much better.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Ae over C-y-B any day – it’s not ‘crap’ at all. Much better than Mabie though. Be sure to do the extra climb at the end so you can take in the Shredder.

spacehopper

have already ridden kirroughtree and while i loved it i want to try the others centres too and make up my own mind 😉

getting to Mabie for 12ish on monday shouldnt be too much of a problem 🙂

im not the quickest of people uphill so the rustyness shouldnt cause any problems! 😉

Trekster

Ok then. I`ll be in the cafe drinking some coffee to get me going 😉

As spin says if you have the legs you could do some if not all of Dalbeattie on Mon evening.Easy enough to do a short version before dark.
    Bit fed up of the this trail is better than xyz etc

spacehopper

Nice one.. ill be the slightly awkward looking ginger bloke.. will email my mobile number to the email on your profile tomorrow when I get back on a pc 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ae and Mabie are both crap.

Let people find out for themselves.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘AE + Mabie or Coed-y-Brenin next mon/tue’ is closed to new replies.