Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Addidas evil glasses with prescription inserts, anyuthing else to consider
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

Hello,
    I’m after some prescription eye wear for cycling, skiing and surface water sports. I had an eye test yesterday and Addidas evil glasses were recommended with prescription inserts.

Has anybody tried these? Do they work? Do they steam up? There not cheap £200+, but compared to Oakleys they are a bargain.

Is it worth paying for glasses to be fully lenses, oppose to having inserts?

Is there anythig else I should consider?

My eyes arn’t too bad, border line for driving without correction but for fast pace activities and if I need to wear (sun) glasses anyway, i may as well have corrected visision.

All help appreciated

MM

TooTall
    Free Member

Faster paced than driving? You ROCK at skiing and cycling!

DeeJay
    Free Member

I have been using Rudy Project impactx photochromic glasses with an insert for a few years now – very good. The insert fits really well but is easily removed for cleaning while the glasses go totally clear and can be used for night riding – worth a look

z1ppy

I used a set a few years back and did like them but then changed to a prescription sunglasses and like them much more.
    I found the lense being so close to your eye, distorted my vision slightly, though i really liked having full vision everywhere (no unfocused bit above or below your lenses). They were a complete pain when you were really sweaty or the weather was wet/misty, as you are trying to dry off several lenses instead of one.
    What really killed them for me was the lenses eventually came away from the insert, and no-one could glue it back together (the shop had tried previously), so I’d have to buy another insert.
    It may well be thing have changed (improved) since, but I went to an optician and simply bought a set of cheap plastic sports frame and they glazed them with reactor-light lense of my prescription for not a lot of money… much much cheaper than any ‘branded’ pair, and I’m very happy with them.

loum
    Free Member

I’ve got some, they are good, but they will steam up at times.
    The steaming up happens when you stop, say at the top of a climb, with a bit of a sweat on. I guess most glasses do though. The mist seems to form on the insert, but clears as soom as you start moving again. They’ve got a good flow of air around whilst moving.
    A big plus is the adjustability, they have three positions on the arms and nose bridge so its easy to make them fit your head. Be aware that they come in two sizes, large and standard (I think). L fits me.
    The main bonus of the inserts is that you can leave them as is, whilst swapping the lenses for different conditions. I’ve got a v dark mirrored set ( I think they’re actually for snow) that I use in the open in the summer, and an orange light enhancing set I use at dusk/dawn for commuting. You wouldn’t really want to wear that set “off bike” much though ‘cos they look a bit “special” when you see the insert through the outer lens. A bit too safety goggle. you don’t see the insert through the mirrored ones at all.
    I reckon prescription lenses may be better (than insert) if you know you’ll only use them in set light conditions, I’ve tried mine without the insert and there’s a bit less steaming, but cost would add up if you need more variety.
    I like mine, they are pretty solid too so I expect them to last, and I like the versatility. In the future, I can see myself getting a set of pres lenses somewhere between (darkness) the two lens sets I’ve got because I reckon that would be best for 70% of the time. But for the other 30, I’ll still use the Mirror/orange ones + inserts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Addidas evil glasses with prescription inserts, anyuthing else to consider’ is closed to new replies.