Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Accommodation in Manchester
  • tartanscarf

Going to see the Stone Roses at the end of June and even the cheapest Travelodge is £50pp per night. Can anyone recommend a B&B or similar for about the same price? Or better still a decent real ale pub with rooms 🙂

Cheers
    TS

crikey
    Free Member

The concert is in Heaton Park, I think, which is out of the centre. TBH I’d get back into Manchester centre and pay the going rate. It’s not really a part of the country with B&Bs….

grum
    Free Member

I know someone who rents out apartments short term in Manchester city centre, might be cheaper for the weekend if there’s a few of you. I don’t have the details but I can get em if you’re interested.

tartanscarf

gum – interested.

crikey – the cheapest Travelodge is Salford Quays so a bit out. Any use?

hp_source

The Ox on Liverpool Road has rooms, think they’re basic, but the pub is good and central.

project
    Free Member

sachas in the Piccidily area.Central

Flash
    Free Member

Might be worth having a look at the YHA, also in Castlefield

And Saches if you want an experience

grum
    Free Member

Not sure about how much they are but this is the website I was on about

http://www.easypads.co.uk

JonR
    Free Member

Aren’t Saches rooms charged by the hour?

binners

Sachas?!! Seriously?!! Dear god! I’d never set foot in the place. Not being an Eastern European people trafficker or a drug dealer 😀

binners

You could always take a different aproach – stay somewhere the other side of Heaton Park – ie Bury area. It’d be cheaper. A bit more civilised (potentially) And you’d be spared what will be the chaos of everyone heading back into Manchester City Centre at the same time

Chances of getting a cab = zero
    Chances of forcing your way onto a Metro = zero
    Going in the other direction = Hmmmmmmm. Might be in with a chance

What night you going?

beagle
    Free Member

What about the travelodge south of bury? Just off the 66? Probs could walk to tram stop at a push – north or south.

konagirl
    Free Member

What Binners said, or if you just want cheap, you can ring the University of Manchester or MMU accommodation offices and see if they are renting rooms out over summer for those dates. Usually ~£20-30 a night for non-students.

hora
    Free Member

By the hour? Thats grim. So basically you’d be sleeping the night in a prozzy/office affair room.

Holiday Inn in Prestwich.

The issue with going back into Manchester is…..so will everyone else.

portlyone
    binners

Hora – they used to have a sign above the bar in the Nags Head. It said:

Fancy a power-nap?
    Our rooms are available by the hour

Power-nap, indeed? 😆

hora
    Free Member

I bet the sheets aren’t changed hourly.

portlyone

I bet the sheets aren’t changed hourly.

They’re PVC, just need a quick wipe…

binners

hora
    Free Member

Imagine you really do want a quick nap before a long drive somewhere. You sit up and find the sheet is stuck to your back.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I don’t know what Sachas is like but it looks every bit like a whore’s hotel from the outside.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Read trip advisor reviews on Sachas…

hora
    Free Member

I was sorting a boys night out in manchester and everywhere else was busy. So I booked us in at this prison.My room had curtains so I opened them but instead of seeing a window there was the beach sunset wallpaper that appears at the end of scarface! What a welcome!
    I noticed that they catered for wedding receptions there!! I could weep for any happy couple spending,what should be the best day of their lives spent at belsen!
    ENJOY YOUR STAY!

tartanscarf

Just noticed this ran on a bit! Going Friday and Saturday. Quite fancy being part of the chaos, I get peace and quiet every other night of the year. Just about to book one of the Ibis hotels in the city centre.

Thanks!
    TS

totalshell

get in the travelodge at prestwich mile from heaton park on the one on the m62 just over 3 mile from heaton park or anywhere in bury ( on the tramline)stops right outside the park and only a couple of quid to heaton park its probably 6/7 quid into manchester city centre..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation in Manchester’ is closed to new replies.