Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • AARGH F****** ARGH! (jobless content)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been applying for jobs all bloody week with a 2 year old CV! WTF!? Argh!

Now dozens of agencies have an old CV, and I’ve no idea who they all are!

I’m so screwed.

jova54
    Free Member

I’ve heard some lame excuses!

What’s a CV 😉

Richie_B

I Sympathise
    I’m just coming to terms with the fact that that most company’s HR departments don’t seem to have any comprehension of what the company does or the qualifications & skills required to do those jobs.

badbod99
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it, done it many times. Just update the CV and keep applying. All the agencies will just update their records or give you a bell to clarify.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, I was considering chasing them all up and updating them. Thing is, there’ve been some great jobs that I wanted, and their HR depts have me from 2 years ago on their desk. ARSE! 🙁

zaskar
    Free Member

It happens.

stumpy01

erm….oh dear….

do you keep a record of who you apply to? If so, then perhaps drop them an e-mail explaining it with an updated version.

molgrips
    Free Member

do you keep a record of who you apply to? If so, then perhaps drop them an e-mail explaining it with an updated version.

No:

1) type ‘java’ into jobserve
    2) click ‘add to basket’ on anything that looks suitable
    3) hit ‘apply now’
    4) log onto STW and wait.

No note-taking or logging is involved… but maybe it’s time to start.

JonBurns
    Free Member

If you log into Jobserve there should be an area that lists all the jobs you’ve applied for.

Sandwich

I wouldn’t worry, some of the clowns I’ve applied to don’t appear to be able to understand what is written. Usual question is when are you available for work. The third line of my CV under the heading gives my last job and the time I was there for and WHEN I LEFT! And breathe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘AARGH F****** ARGH! (jobless content)’ is closed to new replies.