Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • aa recharable battery recomendations
  • dobo
    Free Member

so last year i bought some AA batteries for my lights and this year the chargers wont charge them. it bring up a red exclamation mark, either short or open circuit, who knows..

two different brands.. gp and vapex 2700

my energiser 2500 still work though and so do my dx extreme no name funny size batteries

any cheap reliable aa batteries recomendations?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Your cells are most likely unchargeable because they have gone into reverse polarity through being discharged too much.

There are only a small number of actual battery cell makers worldwide (like low single number). They get rebranded.

Sanyo is an actual manufacturer.

Their Eneloop is good, holds charge for long periods when not in use, long life, we now own (actually, It would take me too long to work out).

Combined them with a decent charger that treats each cell independently (we have the La Crosse BL-700) and you’d be laughing.

benslow
    Free Member

Sevendayshop AA’s on Amazon.
    Excellent power and value.

dobo
    Free Member

Your cells are most likely unchargeable because they have gone into reverse polarity through being discharged too much.

so is this fixable?

thanks for the recomendations

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve not been impressed with the 7dayshop one’s (I’ve got several set) and I won’t be buying any more. I find the GP’s much better. I’ve got a BL 700 charger and if I find a cell won’t charge, connect it in parallel (poz to poz, neg to neg) with a good cell for a second or two and that’s enough for the charger to start charging it (only seems to happen with the 7dayshop ones though).

tonyd

Kids toys are all full with Ansmann rechargeables, no complaints there. Use an Ansmann charger too which takes lots of sizes and appears to be doing the job very well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘aa recharable battery recomendations’ is closed to new replies.