Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A particularly gloomy forecast for all of us according to MoneyWeek video
  • spacemonkey

If you believe the facts and figures along with the reasoning then this might just be one of the most depressing videos you’ve ever watched:

Now I’m neither nearly politically nor financially astute enough to argue for or against this … So what do you make of it?

camo16
    Free Member

I’m not clicking on that link. 😯

My mood is noticeably better when I don’t look at these things…

…but aren’t we all DOOMED? Isn’t that the gist?

jam-bo

meh.

Jamie
    Free Member

?_?

spacemonkey

…but aren’t we all DOOMED? Isn’t that the gist?

Who knows!?!?

Looking at trends over the last 100yrs plus what’s happening in the UK and across Europe at present, there is evidence to suggest we are indeed ****ed.

Like I said above, I’ve no idea how much to read into this. There’ll be advocates and sceptics alike is all I can say.

camo16
    Free Member

Don’t worry unnecessarily… it’s some journo trying to make cash out of fear, probably.

It’s amazing how life improves when you stop watching the news and stop clicking on panic money stories. Denial is underrated, maybe.

bamboo
    Free Member

Moneyweek always seem to send these ‘end is nigh’ messages, but clearly it never happens. It’s weird as non of these warnings are pushed so hard / at all in the magazine, which always seems relatively measured to me.

scotroutes

Yep – you are all ****. Send me money and I will tell you how to sort that. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

Send me money and I will tell you how to sort that.

PP Gift ok?

footflaps

If it’s Moneyweek then it’s just a sensationalist load of old twaddle to try and frighten you into subscribing…

Northwind

I am, personally, entirely convinced that the current capitalist-feudal system won’t last much longer, it’s a question of if not when it finally falls apart (and more importantly, how it happens). But I’m not particularily bothered about that, because it’s not the only way to run a world, and we’ll figure out something else which might possibly be less crap. Sure, it might not be a lot of fun to live through, but that’s just change in action, you could say the same of the majority of changes that brought us here anyway.

footflaps

I try to only worry about stuff I can actually affect….

edward2000
    Free Member

I dont care who caused it but i blame labour

camo16
    Free Member

i blame labour

I like your thinking!

I blame Labour, Armagiddeon, Nick Owen and Nestlé.

hot_fiat

I hate economic doomsday prophesiers who make flash animations you can’t skip fwd through: I want to see their conclusion first and then flick though the evidence (so i can go read it and see the counter arguments). The whole scripted / build up thing smacks of telling a story rather than presenting facts. ‘The Motley Fool’ are right buggers for this too.

If you really want to scare yourself, go & Google ‘World3 model’ or get a copy of the latest version of ‘The Limits to Growth’, (Meadows 1972).

mt
    Free Member

scarey in it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Common sense really you can’t spend what you do not have. Yes, if this is business then you would have gone bankrupt many times over or probably be hung for owing money.

The welfare state is a dream that will end. Bad concept to start with that encourages people to rely on the state or others for their own livelihood. i.e. pension etc.

I will invest my money in Norway and hopefully their black gold will sustain me for a while when things happen then I will start a Viking invasion … not sure how good they are at handling money but let’s hope not the same as their cousin in Iceland who were caught up with the hype during the “good times”.

If Britain goes bankrupt everyone all over the world will feel the impact regardless of where you are. Unless of course you have farm land to grow food and stockpile of Benelli M4 to fend off zombies attacks.

Nahh … I will just become a zombie to eat you alive …

🙄

benslow
    Free Member

BUT … you’ll be okay if you subscribe to us and keep us going ….

Thats the gist innit ?

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

benslow – Member

BUT … you’ll be okay if you subscribe to us and keep us going ….

Thats the gist innit ?

They all want to sell you something regardless and they all have a motive.

Surely if they are giving away 3 issues for free then why not put it on the web for people to judge first, rather than going through the process of having them sent then cancel? I am sure those people who are going to buy their magazine can see that coming so why underestimate people’s intelligent. Who are the marketing persons for them? S/he must be shot!

🙄

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A particularly gloomy forecast for all of us according to MoneyWeek video’ is closed to new replies.