Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • a little broadband help needed – tearing hair out content
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

I've had Sky BB since october (unlimited, can usually get about 10 mb's)

the problem is you'll be surfing for about 10 minutes and it loses the BB signal, this also happens when you pick up the phone, breath on it, give it a sideways glance etc etc

now as far as i can tell all microfilters are correctly in place and i'm not using an extension so would anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

now i did hear about something to do with disconnecting the bell wire in the BT socket to clean up the signal but can't find any hacks on google to help me out

If i hear my wife scream at the fact that she can't tend to her crops on Farmville one more time i'm going to but her a field and tell her to start tilling

thanks

Drac

Try a new filter I've had a few pack in and don't but your wife.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

i meant buy, but butting sounds good too 😛

grievoustim
    Free Member

yep new filter – has worked a couple of times for me

don't understand how they wear out – do they fill up with "digital fluff"?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

replaced filter, removed bell wire and it's went from 5.5mb to

now we wait to see how stable the connection is

fubar
    Free Member

In my previous house I had problems with losing the connection…can't remember the details of how I solved it (sorry) but it was something to do with noise levels…something about synching the connection to exchange at a different time of day ??? it did get better. There is some similar discussion here – suggestion that calling sky may be able to do something to your line ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘a little broadband help needed – tearing hair out content’ is closed to new replies.