Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A good pannier rack to fit a 700c rear disc brake frame?
  • Just getting ready for the summer riding as its been such a good day here today. I realised I need a rear rack for the summer riding stop overs, commuting etc. I have a Planet X Uncle John running disc brakes. So I need a rack thats easy to fit and fully compatible wih a 700c frame and rear disc set up. I’m not looking to carry much a pair of light side pannier bags at most 10-15KG in weight. So whats out there?

Tubus are great quality at a huge price. Having bust most other racks available I will never buy owt else again. Tubus titanium fly – a mere 50 odd quid

mudshark

I’m looking at getting one; my current favourite is the Tortec Expedition.

TJ – is that rack stiff enough?

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

I’m using a Tubus Locc on my commuter as the Abus lock fits the attachment.

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

Topeak Supertourist Disc works for me.

Mudshark – I have not first hand experience of that rack – I have a tubus cargo and a swing both of which are very good. The OP only wants 15 kg weight limit hence I suggested the fly – the cargo takes 50Kg

druidh

Topeak Supertourist Disc works for me.

Did a tour of the Hebrides with it last year and it’ll be taking me on a longer tour (with tent etc.) later this spring. Has withstood bumping over Edinburgh cobbles etc with nary a murmur.

trail_rat

my madison stainless steel rack was good for 3 and a bit months touring mostly on road(all be it rough) but with stretches of off road round nz was fine on my girlfriends kona dew plus which had disks !

Mine(same rack) had 30kg on once i had all the water and fuel on board and Jaynes had about 20kgs in

Cheers for the replys I will have look at the above. Any idea where to get one from

paulosoxo

seth, I have a cheap £15ish one from wiggle, used on my kaff with no probs. I also have an XL uncle john in the garage, with discs. I can try it on and see if it fits ok if you like?

trail_rat

your local bike shop for the madison

paulosoxo it cant hurt to try it. cheers

paulosoxo

this is mine here

where the bottom bolt hole is, is about 3/4’s over one of the holes. If I cut the bottom bit that’s fouling the caliper, just below the weld. it should go.

Mines an XL, so I should imagine a smaller frame will have a shallower angle of the seat stays, so you should have a bit more room.

Hope that helps

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A good pannier rack to fit a 700c rear disc brake frame?’ is closed to new replies.