Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A few questions for Reverb owners
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

I’ve joined the reverb club since the wife bought me one for my birthday 😀 and had a few questions for those already with them.

Firstly I’m finding the initial drop a bit sticky but once it moves its smooth as silk. Am I right in thinking this is just down to new seals? What are people using to lube their reverbs? would a few drops of 2.5w sus oil be ok or even Juice Lubes spray lube be ok?

Also Im finding that there is a small amount of play fore and aft when the seat is dropped, when its fully up its rock solid, when its dropped a little it rocks a little its not the end of the world I’m just wondering if its the norm.

Cheers

jedi

mine worked perfectly from the box. i routed it so the cable drops into the front triangle of the frame too so no tyr buzz etc.

so basically, i’m no help 🙁

ruscle
    Free Member

Fork juice works well or normal chain lube on the seals, all the slight movements are normal and not noticeable when riding.

batfink
    Free Member

As above…. if wiggle the seat when I’m off the bike I can feel a tiny bit of play, but when I’m on the bike I don’t notice it at all.

stevepitch
    Free Member

lol @ jedi 😆 you’ve helped a little you just dont know it yet!

Its working bang on you know when there are a few niggles (or things you think are niggles) and with all the hype about faulty reverbs and this and that I though I would check.

Tbh Im still getting over the fact the mrs got me the right size and length and well got me one full stop.

Cheers guys

Matt24k
    Free Member

If you find the initial drop a bit sticky then try adjusting the speed and see if it makes any difference. If not bleeding it is really easy.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MsRlj_JJ8t0[/video]

stevepitch
    Free Member

Cheers matt, I did a bleed of the remote when I cut down the cable myabe I’ll try doing a full bleed tomorrow night

lee93
    Free Member

Have a look at the seat clamp if it’s been over tightened this can make it feel sticky!!
    Also pay side to side is normal!

jedi

Loving my reverb

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A few questions for Reverb owners’ is closed to new replies.