Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A familiar story from Hope's excellent warranty department
  • robarnold
    Free Member

My rear Evo SP hub shit itself a week ago on a descent after a bearing came apart and tore the internals to shreds. The wheel set was bought about 18 months ago, the bearings were on their way out and the freehub body chewed to buggery from my cassette.

Sent the whole wheel back to Hope who replaced the whole hub, re-laced the wheel and sent it back Fed Ex, all FOC. It’s really useful being able to deal with them directly instead of going through a shop.

We don’t expect anything less these days but I thought it worthy of a mention

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’d prefer kit that didnt break if given the option.

enfht
    Free Member

+1 Glupton

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Almost all kit, from almost all manufacturers, can break. That’s a simple fact. How that manufacturer deals with breakages, problems and customer service issues, however is what really sets apart the ordinary from the great. Hope are one of the very best out there at looking after their customers.

So, yes, we’d all rather have nothing break ever. However, it does, and if it does, I’d far rather have someone like Hope (Or Oakley) sort out the problem than certain other companies….

stevied
    Free Member

The wheel set was bought about 18 months ago

Not a bad outcome for an 18 month old wheel..

ransos
    Free Member

Almost all kit, from almost all manufacturers, can break.

True, but some are better than others. Whilst Hope have brilliant customer service in my experience, I’ve had more cause to use them than other brands.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Big up to “Maz” at Ison Distribution here, had a problem with a Halo rear hub and he had it back, completely rebuilt it, new freehub, new axle and bearings….all FOC, wouldnt accept anything for payment.
    Proper customer service, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised 😀

scandalous
    Free Member

apart from specialized, no one does customer service like hope in my experience.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah hope are one of the few that will warrenty negligence from the customer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A familiar story from Hope's excellent warranty department’ is closed to new replies.