Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • A delicate question about the snip…
  • Harry_the_Spider

Are you expected to… err… “tidy up” yourself before you report for duty? If so, are we talking Tony Curtis, Travis Bickle or Telly Savalas?

The only instruction I’ve had is to bring a book.

uplink
    Free Member

I didn’t have to

But some clinics ask for it I believe, so if they haven’t asked, don’t bother

that’ll be to bite on 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Cleanliness aside I didnt do anything beforehand.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’d be using it as an excuse to experiment.

surfer
    Free Member

that’ll be to bite on

😆

snakebite
    Free Member

I did mine, due to size, it would have taken the nurse ages……

and I took my mp3 player in as well….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I did mine, due to size

you have a huge belly ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Regrowth = itching 😯

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’ve always suspected you to be in some way different to other men SFB but i’d not expected you to keep your balls in an unusual place

U31
    Free Member

There are times, when this forum scares me.
    Really.

MrSparkle

Savalas for me. Best bit was the Valium I got given to take before the op. Wow, I have never felt so good! I was trying to sit up at one point to see how they were all getting on ‘down there’. A nurse stopped me with a hand on my shoulder saying ‘Er, I don’t think you want to do that.’

nickc

I wasn’t asked to. I was asked if I minded a student or two watching…what i got was a room full of young pretty student doctors, cheers then.

SIL had a hernia op recently, she wasn’t asked to either but they gave her half a Brazilian anyway and a big arrow in indelible ink on her tummy pointing at her fanny. She wasn’t *that* impressed it has to be said…

Harry_the_Spider

U31 – Member
    There are times, when this forum scares me.
    Really.

I’m banned from mumsnet.

And most of the caravan forums.

Sandwich

Scrotum only was the requirement for mine. Re-growth was a vile experience!

U31
    Free Member

I dread to think what you typed on “What Caravan.Com” about your meat and two veg that was worthy of a ban…. 😆

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

SIL had a hernia op recently, she wasn’t asked to either but they gave her half a Brazilian anyway and a big arrow in indelible ink on her tummy pointing at her fanny. She wasn’t *that* impressed it has to be said…

genuine Tea>keyboard moment

druidh
    Free Member

No depilation required here. I do find all the stories about vasectomy a bit over the top as it was one of the easiest, most pain free experiences you can imagine. I would recommend the MP3 player though – by far the worst bit was hearing the sound of the tube being cut….

Harry_the_Spider

by far the worst bit was hearing the sound of the tube being cut….

Mine is on November 5th. Perhaps they’ll do it with a couple of Air Bomb Repeaters. I’ll take ear plugs.

I was once carted in to A&E with a busted left shoulder. My left arm hanging in front of my chest, my left collar bone sticking up, the left side of shirt was ripped and red with blood and there was no skin on most of my left leg and the left side of my face (as an extra clue).

The doctor comes in and says “Which side is it?”

intode_void
    Free Member

An American mate of mine had his snip done in a US Army hospital and they offered him the ‘Chinese method’ where they rip the scrotum as opposed to cutting it (apparently a tear is a more natural wound to heal than a scalpel cut and therefore quicker/less painful) but his description of watching the Surgeon pull his sac over a ratcheted expanding frame whilst under the influence of a local anaestethic was the most uncomfortable/hilarious story I’ve ever heard.
    Not much to do with shaving but I thought it might take your mind off your nut-bush issues.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

at last, a proper use for the video feature

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipOz_k9zvzo[/video]

terrahawk
    Free Member

f u c k i n g h e l l

whytetrash

I got told to shave mine, used veet hair removing cream and it was a doddle, no grief on regrowth either…I’d call em and check cos you know if some nurse has to do it the razor will be blunt and it’l be tesco value shaving foam!

miketually
    Free Member

One of my dad’s mates only had one testicle as a result of testicular cancer. He managed to barter down the price with the surgeon while on the operating table, because it was surely only half the work.

They put your balls inside the open book, then slam it shut.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I’ve always kept it ‘tidy’ anyway.
    NHS or Private?
    Had mine done by NHS and it was very efficient, the surgeon had a big queue to get through.
    The smell of them burning your tubes shut is just like when you are a kid and use to burn ants under a lense.

Sidney
    Free Member

Not speaking from any kind of experience here whatsoever but a few guys at work were chatting about it the other day and advised me if I ever got it done to opt for local over general anaesthetic.

Their logic was more care would be taken over your delicates if you were awake than asleep.

nickc

Always go for local over general if you have the option.

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks for the input. I shall go as nature intended.

surfer
    Free Member

Always go for local over general if you have the option

For some strange reason I had a general. That part is horible but the op is fine, I was back running 3 days later (in tighter underwear!)

Haribo
    Free Member

cant get over the impression that post op experience of “arriving” involves a puff of dust 😯

vinnyeh

45 seconds in.. Just be thankful.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUxpb2KkgRQ[/video]

flip
    Free Member

Got mine on 20th November, i was very reluctant, but now i’ve got my head around it i’ll be fine.

Might even enjoy it if it’s a lady doctor…

stylish
    Free Member

all was good with mine, until the doc went to get something from a cupboard, banged his head, went all dizzy and proceeded to head back to me weilding a scalpel and complaining, i was more than happy when the nurse told him to sit down and fetched his colleague, to finish the job in hand.

the worst bit was they had left the curtains open on a side window, and half way through the gardener strolled past with his strimmer and had a look in!

god save the nhs…………..

theotherjonv

I’ve told this several times before, but here we go again.

It’s no biggy(!). I wouldn’t do it for fun but it didn’t hurt. Couple of tugs were all i felt and then mild discomfort for a couple of days after. Picked up a mild infection in the wound but that could have happened with a cut on your knee just as easily. Didn’t need to shave beforehand.

For me by far the worst bit was walking into the consulting room from the little ante-room naked from waist to foot (but socks on – the floor was cold and you might as well be comfortable) – which already puts you at a disadvantage. Then you lie on the table, at which point they lay a scrub sheet over your middle AND THEN PULL YOUR BOLLOCKS THROUGH A SMALL HOLE AND PAINT THEM BROWN. WITH A BRUSH, FROM WHAT I COULD TELL. At this point I was so mortified they could have done what they liked as long as it was quick and they didn’t make eye contact.

So from there the injection was a slight scratch, bit of tugging, and then the second worst bit as they burned your tubes with a sizzle, puff of smoke and smell of bacon. And then leg it as fast as you dare.

djglover
    Free Member

I trim my pubic hair as it makes my penis look bigger

HTH

voodoo_chile

wear a merkin …shock them !!

I had 3 nurses talking about a concert they went to the night before as my corn on the cob is hanging through a white sheet !

I also felt an inscision on one side so I had to slowly and carefully inform the surgeon/doctor that I could feel the scalpel ….scary times more anaesthetic please

Cougar

I trim my pubic hair as it makes my penis look bigger

Whereas, I don’t need to.

theotherjonv

frankly. When you’re in a cold room surrounded by strangers with your nuts through a sheet, if I’d shaved my surrounds to gain the optical inch, it would have made littlejon appear……. maybe an inch and a half? He was attempting to escape inside I think, away from the cold steel and iodine. And who could blame him.

martymac

i wasnt asked to shave when i got mine done,
    was a rather nice looking lady doctor who chatted to me about her (dutch) husbands bike collection, including a tandem and a recumbent.
    i was waiting for her to say “you might feel a little prick”
    (im 30 years ahead of you there honey)
    i was quite disappointed when she didnt.

DrJ

Can’t be as painful as a todger biopsy I had a couple of years ago, which was preceded by a needle into the glans, and followed by the humiliation of lying clutching a bandage on my bleeding, shrunken dick while half the clinic staff wandered to and fro in the room.

bruneep

I was told “there is no need to shave”, what they failed to tell me was that if you hadn’t shaved they would dry shave me.

Once I was finished I’m sure the nurse splashed Old spice all over my sack, I didn’t need any help getting off the table. 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘A delicate question about the snip…’ is closed to new replies.