Home Forums Chat Forum A controversial opinion…

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • A controversial opinion…
    Harry_the_Spider

The US version of Ghosts is better that the original UK one.

Fight me.

midlifecrashes

Er, yeah. Patrick Swayze, Whoopi Goldberg, Demi Moore. Proper actors and a big soundtrack and music budget too. Of course it’s better.

alan1977
    Free Member

I prefer the swedish one, although i understand Tobias can be a bit of a nob

Beagleboy

….and now I have the theme music for Rent-A-Ghost lodged in my head. Thanks for that.

thols2

The Iranian one was very sad.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fight me.

What is they say about arguing with idiots?

stingmered

OG Japanese from 1987. I haven’t slept since watching it in May.

mrhoppy

Fight me.

And just like that your opinions became meaningless.

pondo

Fight me.

You, my friend, are 100% correct. And I love the UK Ghosts too.

Season 4 of US Ghosts out next month. :)

kelvin

There’s better writing in one episode of the UK one than there is in a whole series of the USA version. Still worth watching the American version… but it comes off as if they write it in the morning, shoot it in the afternoon… cut it in the evening. Go.. go… go…!

Caher

Not watched either so cannot comment, nor will I post, but is it syrup v cringe as in The Office?

lister

Controversial and incredibly wrong. How did they take something so lovely and suck the joy and humour out of it?

desperatebicycle

Is Charlotte Ritchie in the US one? No? then no thanks! (I think I managed about 10 mins of it)

Next, Harry_the_Spider pays tribute to the US Inbetweeners lol

PrinceJohn

Eastenders is the British version of Cheers

gobuchul
    Free Member

I always preferred Margo over Barbara.

cookeaa

Eastenders is the British version of Cheers

What’s the UK version of Fraiser then? that one off Dot-cotton spin off?

I haven’t watched it yet. But I can categorically tell you that the new US version of HIGNFY is going to be shite. And if it isn’t, I’ll still refuse to walk back this opinion. Whoever is the US version of Paul Merton will never be as great as Paul Merton.

Poopscoop

These are the best t shirts ever.

Screenshot_20240920-164949

Screenshot_20240920-174911

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll be even more controversial, I don’t find the UK version of Ghosts very funny. Never understood the love for it.

ads678

I didn’t make it through the first episode of the US ghosts.

JonnyC
    Free Member

What’s the UK version of Fraiser then? that one off Dot-cotton spin off?

last of the summer wine.

jamiemcf

I liked the UK version. I thought the last episode was a wood wrap up and closed the story well. They killed it at the right time I feel (but I would have liked it to continue).

We watched the first two series of US Ghosts then moved onto something else.

funkmasterp

I tried the first episode of the US version and no is the most I can muster.

@poopscoop
    wrong thread or have you malfunctioned?

oldnpastit

I like it. But I have terrible taste.

sc-xc

Not watched either so cannot comment, nor will I post, but is it syrup v cringe as in The Office?

I’ve watched the 14 episodes of The Office easily over 100 times each. There’s not a reference I won’t get, it’s an incredible show that changed TV comedy for ever

From E1 S2, the US Office is up there. Imagine where Rick & Steve could have taken the Office if they had the budget/ backing…that’s the US Office.

If you haven’t watched it through, give it a try. Believe me, there is no bigger fan of the RSK universe than me…and I’m on my 7th watch through of the US version.

sharkattack

US Ghosts is meh.

US Office is a top tier sitcom.

robertajobb

Just.hope the Septics haven’t butchered Horrible Histories in the same way.

How would they ever match this class?

thols2

Three’s Company was better than Man About the House.

Watty

Three’s Company was better than Man About the House.

It bloody wasn’t! (grrr emoji, steam coming out both ears emoji) #prayforthomsett

pondo

Interesting (and logical) how many people who aren’t that keen on US Ghosts haven’t watched much of it – the first time we tried it, we only watched a couple of episodes and gave up, I think it was a combination of the story being the same but some of the characters being different. Second time we tried it, once it gets going, it is the better programme. And like I say, we love UK Ghosts (and Robin is still the best ghost overall).

onehundredthidiot

Was about to post that the best US ghost character ……… was better than the UK character……….
    But then realized that there’s three very good US characters. The native American, viking and British red coat.

budgierider67

US ghosts definitely is worth persisting with & I enjoy watching it. It goes its own way but overall the characters just don’t have the depth of the original. And yes, Robin is the best.

ampthill

Nothing like the office. My wife loves Ghosts but won’t stay in the room with the Office

It’s a Horrible Histories spin off. Funny and quite sweet

Stevet1

suck the joy and humour out of it?

That reminds me, I do find it funny but wish they would stop with the ‘sucking off’ jokes.

pondo

*sniggers*

redthunder
    Free Member

I also prefer the US vesrion.   Sorry.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s a Horrible Histories spin off.

Which raised my hopes, as I loved Horrible Histories with my kids and really like the “You’re Dead To Me” podcast by their history guy.

Funny and quite sweet

So imagine my disappointment when I didn’t think it was either of these

joshvegas
    Free Member

I tried again, thenpilot is so shit, so badly acted with zero subtly that i am not watching anymore. She can’t see ghosts yet.

There os some great American comedy, this is not it.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.