Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • scandal42
    Free Member

We have the best medical team in the premier league, the injury situation is certainly no fluke, it’s a part of the club that is managed as seriously as the tactics and football itself.

In terms of shallow squad, i’m not so sure it’s as shallow as neutral fans think, we have the Swiss international captain unable to get a game of football, potentially we are short on numbers up top if Okazaki or Vards are out for prolonged periods, however that looks unlikely, it took Vardy 10 days to recover from a groin op 😀

Up the Citeh

Junkyard
    Free Member

the injury situation is certainly no fluke

you dont play the most games and IMHO injuries do involve luck

Manu – Luke shaw for example the best medical team in the world would not have prevented that nor, IMHO, most injuries in a match

I am sure there is variation between team but its probably more down to bad luck and having some injury prone players – stares intently at Daniel Sturridge- than all down to the medical team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35313650

Injury league table here- second FWIW with only 9 injuries- Luke shaw has missed more than your team .

scandal42
    Free Member

The style of football we play is prime for players picking up strains and muscle injuries, it simply doesn’t happen.

As for not playing the most games, that is only just true now we are out of the cup, however I’m quite sure our players run more in one game than some teams players do in 3 😉

binners

Everyone ready for the clash of the mid-table sides? 😉

Could be anything this. Hopefully he’ll have learnt this week to let Mata play where we bought him to play. And it’d be nice to contribute to John Terry finishing his last season at Chelski in the bottom half of the table 🙂

Fair play to Leicester. Again! They totally outplayed City yesterday. Battered them. They’re definitely playing the best football in the league, and thoroughly deserve to be where they are.

Arsenal have just been a tad fortunate, to say the least. They should have been down to ten men there. Though I’m sure Arsene must have been watching something else at the time. Lucky that Cech was on form

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I could hear Kurt Zouma’s screams 200 miles away. Hope it’s not as bad as it sounds.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great goalkeeping today

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yep we got away with headless chicken flamini not getting a straight red . not a great performance but beat Leicester next week and we are two points behind them. Only to have my dreams shafted when we lose at Newcastle or zummitlikethat

Klunk
    Free Member

beat Leicester next week and we are two points behind them.

you sound like a man shitty fan. how did that work out ?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

you sound like a man shitty fan. how did that work out ?

You sound like you don’t know the fixture list.

…and are possibly drunk.

Klunk
    Free Member

really enlighten me 😆

binners

Paid the price for sitting back and letting Chelski attack us. Good match though. And as THM said, some absolutely top draw goalkeeping on display at both ends. Lingards goal was an absolute peach too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

we do at least seem to be playing better and a draw was probably a fair result

Annoying so late on

Both keepers were the best players on the pitch.

Klunk
    Free Member

Both man utd keepers were the best players on the pitch.

fify

binners

Nice to see the ovation the Chelsea fans gave Mata too. Who had a great game again

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah – he was their player of the year twice running I think. Won’t get a look in when the special one shows up though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Klunk – Member

really enlighten me

I’ll let you work it out it’s more fun

theotherjonv

I could hear Kurt Zouma’s screams 200 miles away.

Won’t link to pics as they’re Daily Mail and not nice. I was listening on the radio in the car and had to turn it off.

Get well soon.

binners

Hope he’s ok. He clearly wasn’t putting it on! Seeing the slo mo replay it looked like a possible compound fracture. Let’s hope not.

theotherjonv

Hyperextended knee. Pics are horrible.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I was listening on the radio in the car and had to turn it off.

…but then went to check out the pics on DM? 😛

But the feed I was watching on replayed the incident and Graham Le Saux and Lee Dixon were like…nah, let’s not see that again.

theotherjonv

I know, it’s strange. But I can choose to look and choose to look away plus it’s a still picture which somehow is easier to look at. On the radio I had no option but to listen to the screaming and so hit the off. By the time I turned it back on they were treating him but they must have cut the pitchside mikes.

theotherjonv

So…..

A Leicester fan has a fiver on at 5000-1 for them to win the title. The bookies offered to buy his bet out for £3000

Would you take it?

What would they have to offer before you would?

I know bookies are in it for the money, but why they’re offering £3000 against a £25000 possible value – that’s (very roughly) an 8-1 offer. Yet they’re only offering 9-4 on new bets to win the league. I’d be holding out for £10K on that basis!!

jimmy

No chance, stick with the bet. Much cooler story, bro.

binners

The bookies are totally trying it on, hoping he’s an idiot. Its a bit rich to install them as favourites in one breath, then make an offer like that with the next.

I heard the guy interviewed on Five Live yesterday, and he’s far from an idiot. He had a great attitude. He said there was no way he was taking any offers. He was in it until the end because he was enjoying the ride so much, and at the end of the day if he didn’t win, he’d only lost a fiver, and had a great time in the process!

Good luck to him and Leicester!

the-muffin-man

So Derby sack their manager – I wonder if the ‘special one’ fancies a lower league challenge!…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35528402

Garry_Lager

the-muffin-man – Member

So Derby sack their manager – I wonder if the ‘special one’ fancies a lower league challenge!…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35528402 Obvious isn’t it – he wasn’t playing football the ‘Derby way’ .

Was there ever a ‘Derby way’ of playing, even in the 70s? Sounds like the ‘Spurs way’ of playing attractive football, you just need to be over 80 years old to ever remember seeing it.

MSP

Well it started with the united way, when fergie got annoyed with all the praise the arsenal unbeaten season got, so he made some pap up about united being about all out attack. Then west ham, spurs and Newcastle adopted and demanded it. And finally citeh have apparently been playing in this style under Pelegrini this season, yet pretty much every match I have watched them in they haven’t been dissimilar to utd in that they play possession in front of the opposition, but they are portrayed very differently by the media.

mark88

Surprised to see Moyes distancing himself from the Derby job, he was my instant thought when I seen Clement had been sacked

binners

Gary Neville should be available shortly

theotherjonv

Nah, he’s going to turn around that first leg deficit, go on and win the Copa, and it’ll all be roses from ….

Oooh, flying pigs!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Spurs have been solid and with all the press focus elsewhere have been able to get on with the job. Massive win for Leicester against City, if Spurs don’t win the League I’d be happy enough to see Leicester do it 🙂

Icining on the cake would be Newcastle and especially Chelsea to go down

All to play for

Klunk
    Free Member
    dragon
    Free Member

Spurs have always tried to play attacking football, it’s not something Fergie made up and was copied. The club motto is the latin for ‘To dare is to do’.

Further here are a couple of relevant Bill Nicholson quotes (LVG would do well to read them 😉 ):

“It’s no use just winning, we’ve got to win well.”

“We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football. It would be better to have more fans watching football the way they like it played, rather than have a few fans watching football the way we would like it played.”

And another from Dave Mackay

“He (Bill) never let us forget that we were out there to entertain the public.”

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well as an Arsenal fan I’m shocked . We win a big game and are right back in it . Football bloody ‘ell

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yay…appalling penalty decision but great win in the end for the Arsenal.

Welcome back Danny Welbeck!

binners

Jesus! Villa are truly bloody awful!

I’ll be really glad to see them go down. They’ve hung around at the bottom of the premiership, like a fart in a loft, for far too long. I think we can safely say that they’ll never bother the premiership ever again. They could even do a Leeds.

binners

Arsenal can’t win the premiership. I put money on them winning it at the start of the season. So that’s the end of that! 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Must be the day for contentious penalty decisions.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That Spuds one really was awful!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.