Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Where is the story about sissoko?

It’s probably just the transfer bullshit generator starting early.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Where is the story about sissoko?

It’s probably just the transfer bullshit generator starting early.

Yep probably, I copied and pasted that straight off the Sky Sports webs site, but the second half of that story has now disappeared!

You think it might not be true??? 😯

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member
    Its certainly going to be an interesting season next year.

1. Pep arrives
    2. Some new Chelski stooge arrives
    3. Moany arrives
    4. Will LCFC prove to etc.etc.

This and others all go to back up a great observation I read once that the beauty of football is that the season comes to an end and then it starts all over again.

It’s great!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

With the Euros being this year I think the transfers, like Arsenal getting Xhaka, will all be done relatively early. As any hot prospects that play a blinder could see their prices rocket.

Obviously this can backfire, so fully expect Xhaka to have a stinker then break his ankle.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Fully expect Wiltshire to have a stinker then break his ankle.

FTFY

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is unfair he will look awesome and then break his ankle

allthepies
    Free Member

The latest Jose stumbling block….

“But it has emerged that Chelsea still own the ‘Jose Mourinho’ name as a trademark – meaning United may need to pay a six-figure sum for the rights”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36382637

WTF!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wiltshire

You’re an Arsenal fan, eh? 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

clearly I meant Wilshire…..must have been my iPhone correcting me and sadly the old mince pies don’t work very well anymore. 😥

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wilshire

Third time lucky? 😉

In other news, the latest Freakonomics podcast is titled The Longest Of Longshots, and is about Leicester City winning the prem.

When the uncelebrated Leicester City Football Club won the English Premier League, it wasn’t just the biggest underdog story in recent history. It was a sign of changing economics — and that other impossible, wonderful events might be lurking just around the corner.

The Longest Long Shot (Ep. 249)

allthepies
    Free Member

Nearly there!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36392384

Zlatan signing announcement to follow ?

binners

According to this mornings press, just about every player in Europe that still has the use of both legs is about to sign for United

PrinceJohn

Daily Mash nails it

MSP

Rashford looks a proper talent.

When was the last time United actually brought someone through the academy system?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Hands up who forgot England were playing tonight.

*raises hand*

allthepies
    Free Member

yup, missed the first 15 mins 🙂

bloodynora
    Free Member

Hands up who thought the Scotch had qualified for the euros, i thought they had as it was so easy 😳

schnullelieber
    Free Member

When was the last time United actually brought someone through the academy system?

I guess it depends on your criteria. There are a number of academy graduates in the current united squad: Rashford, Lingard, Borthwick-Jackson, Blackett (Celtic?), McNair, but none of these are what you might call well-established. Do you count players like Januzaj or Paul Pogba who signed to united’s academy from other professional clubs at age 16? There are a few ex-united academy players at other Premier league clubs like Ryan Shawcross, Frazier Campbell, Darren GIbson, Danny Simpson.
    But I guess the best example of someone being at united from a young age, getting established in the team, gaining international honours etc would be Danny Wellbeck? can’t think of anyone else more recent.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And with the arrival of Maureen [oops, sorry JY] Jose, there won’t be many more. 🙂

Rashford does look good though. As much as I disliked Baconface [oops, sorry again JY] Fergie, if he did one thing right with the youngsters, he bloody looked after them and made sure they spent their first few years with their feet on the ground. I hope Rashford is being nursed well and kept away from agents.

allthepies
    Free Member

Amen.

See R.Sterling for how not to do it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

See R.Sterling for how not to do it.

I’m sure he cries himself to sleep with only his millions of pounds as comfort 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

At least Marcus Rashford is a better shout for MOTM than Danny Rose was, Glen.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Green machine just conceded late equaliser against the Dutchies. 😐

allthepies
    Free Member

He’ll live with it for sure.

But no class. Here today, gone tomorrow.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Oh Glen Hoddle you complete madman

jambalaya
    Free Member

Junky my Photobucket wasn’t working so couldn’t reply on the day. I’ll reword my post for correctness for you

Jose is a man who invites strong opinions by the way he conducts himself. I wonder of he’ll stick his fingers in Pep’s club colleague’s eyes again ?

I don’t have the video to hand but I recall him chasing after Pep shouting abuse

What a truley horrible man he is.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Don’t see why England wouldn’t take Rashford over Sterling – of Kane, Vardy and Rooney you’d pick 2 or all 3 every game (tactics may mean onky 2). So you need an impact sub … that seems a no-brainer

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thanks for the respect paddy Darcy 😉

What a truley horrible man he is.

I am no defender of Jose and I am sure he will be up to his usual at Man u.
    He has done some seriously bad stuff in his time even by ranting managers standards- so did Fergie though and he bore terrible grudges against journos who had a pop at him or his son.

He will do his usual win things, annoy everyone and leave in a shit storm largely of his own making.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Maureen will fit in with that club, the most hated club in Britain, (apart from celtic that is, spits)
    Hopefully he’ll carry on where he left off, upset the dressing room, abuse the women there and finish tenth (fingers crossed)

Junkyard
    Free Member

ON the plus side Jose is not a hate filled sectarian racist

I like the way you speak about abusing women then use a woman name to “abuse” him…. beautiful.

allthepies
    Free Member

Give him a chance, he’s only just signed for Utd.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Blimey thats some hate coming from ‘He who is not English’ 😯
    Junkyard have you ever thought of leaving the internet alone for a while?
    For the sake of your mental health?
    you seem to take these discussions a bit personally…. just an observation

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thanks for the “concern” for my mental well being but “hating ” sectarians and racists is the sign of sanity and its racists who are the ones with the real issues, as I am sure you are well aware.

Give him a chance, he’s only just signed for Utd.

Nah we are just arrogant and self entitled rather than sectarian

jambalaya
    Free Member

He will do his usual win things, annoy everyone and leave in a shit storm largely of his own making.

Junky I think we agree on something again. My only caveat is he may not last long enough to win something as imo ManU is a multi year project

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

He’s the closest you can get to a guarantee of winning stuff. Unfortunately 😐 The complaints regarding style – unfounded IMO – will go out the window as soon as Utd win the title again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think Man u are that bad tbh its just that LvG made us look bad

Its hard to tell but IMHO we only really need a right sided winger – possibly a midfielder-I still hop Herrera steps up – and a ball playing defender taller than Blind.

I am not sure if we lack creativity and attacking verve or if vG just eradicated it with his procesh

Might need some pace and height in which case Mata is in trouble,

PrinceJohn

As much as I dislike Jose, all the people saying he’s not the manu way clearly choose to ignore his Madrid team, most goals scored in a la liga season according to an article I read recently.

MSP

The footballing authorities display their usual anti doping stance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36406071

Junkyard
    Free Member

In his defence to Uefa’s disciplinary committee, Sakho questioned whether the fat burner-type substance which caused him to fail the test should be on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s list of prohibited substances.

WTactualF

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

btw CL Final is live streaming on Youtube.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irm8Ptgzowg[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.