Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think he wants champions league . I.e to get to the quarter finals and be dumped out . Arsenal can guarantee him that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well last weekend coming up and the only things undecided are 4th/5th really.
    That will make a dull day 🙂
    Sifting through some of the fallout from NUFC and I found this on NUFC.com

Big Sham may have struck the fatal blow, but the knife he twisted may as well have come in a Sports Direct carrier bag, complete with a discount sticker and a free pair of socks.

Make no mistake: this has been all of our own work; from Carver to McClaren, from Berahino to Doumbia, from Coloccini’s new deal to a ridiculous pre-season schedule. We did it all to ourselves. Again.

http://www.nufc.com/

But the best line of the week – spot on as usual from Lawro

Sam Allardyce has shown again how good a manager he is, by getting the best out of the players he signed in January, and the ones already at the club.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36243983

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rumours confirmed: BT Sport streaming Champions League and Europa Finals free on YouTube.

allthepies
    Free Member

W00t !

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting

Just cancelled my phone and broadband with them, got an email saying they are improving network (ie actually fixing it when broken) and relocating call centres to the uk .. and putting prices up of course

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Forget Champions League , where is Zlatan off to? My bet is LA Galaxy to expand the brand , earn some major coinage and for the ‘women weed and weather’ CopywriteDr Dre

jambalaya
    Free Member

@howsyour – just seen the news my French isn’t too good but he said club hadn’t renewed his contract (something about joining managemen – now or in the future ?) he also said (my translation) “i came as a king and I leave as a legend” 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ibra is off to Arsenal for a year, then Galaxy.

You heard it here first.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

My French ain’t great neither

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well last weekend coming up and the only things undecided are 4th/5th really.

Not quite, I’m pinning my hopes on the Magpies putting on one last PL show for the fans and knocking the (nervous) Spuds back to third! 8)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@howsyour 😀 you are right he posted it in English, I am quite pleased with myself for re-translating it correctly from French TV !

He also said he would consider staying in Paris if they replaced the Eiffel Tower with a statue of himself – love it !

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh, Happy Birthday Yaya, hope the cake tastes great 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thought that was a bit strange. Ok, so they had a poor finish to the season but they’re well out of danger and have been for sometime (not sure if they ever were in any – wasn’t following their position throughout). They also got to a Cup Semi-final which will no doubt have generated quite a bit of income from gate receipts – especially with the Wembley semi. Fans seem to like him. Cripes- what do owners and the board bloody want? It’s like smaller clubs are all disappointed they haven’t done a Leicester. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dd – Benitez for Watford or indeed Everton ? If he took Newcastle then Watford is an upgrade

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Benitez > Watford

Quique Sánchez Flores > Everton

Wenger > Heh….only kidding

Mou > Man U

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmm…think maybe there’s something else going on at Watford.

hammerite
    Free Member

How about Ibra to China? We sold Jelavic to a Chinese club, the wages they offered him were astronomical!

jambalaya
    Free Member

French TV saying he’ll go to LA Galaxy

PrinceJohn

so what’s on at Old Trafford?

Looking for an advantage over City?!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Security scare by the looks of things.

Time to hate watch Villa one more time….

Edit: *sigh*

PrinceJohn

Suspect package? Jose’s contract for next season?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Manchester United v Bournemouth is abandoned.

PrinceJohn

So what happens now regarding when they’ll play it? Going to mess up Utd’s cup final plans.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’d imagine the immediate issue is that bastard of a journey back to Bournemouth after just getting there.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Point each I guess.

City are winning so Utd not in the Champions position.

What do you get after winning the FA cup e.g. Champions League or Europa Cup?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Europa League/Cup or whatever it’s called these days, and Community Shield.

Rockape63
    Free Member

OMG Magpies are 2-0 against Spurs!!!!!

MSP

Suddenly looking like the gunners are going to nudge ahead of spurs at the end.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If results stay as they are, this will be the highest Arsenal have finished since 2005.

….and possibly the latest ever St Totteringham’s Day as well?

Although, that assumes Arsenal won’t end up drawing against [the Mighty] Villa despite having 107% of the possession.

binners

Boom! Pick that out! Nothing more than Swansea deserve. Might be worth playing the Bournmouth game after all.

It’s ironic that Spurs are finishing the season by doing an Arsenal! 😆

MSP

City somehow managing to continue being dominant with always looking vulnerable at the same time. Swansea have barely been in the game, but city looked ready to capitulate any time they didn’t have possession of the ball.

binners

It’s a long drive from Bournmouth, to turn round and drive straight back. When the hell will they play it, with United in the FA Cup final next Saturday?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You do wonder, given it may have absolutely no bearing on anything, they’ll just call it a draw for the record books and be done with it. Obviously refunding where needed.

Assuming they can even do that.

yossarian
    Free Member

Apparently the suspect package has been identified as a ‘trophy’.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Rockape I can’t as yet being myself to congratulate you. The end to the season is a ‘king disgrace

jambalaya
    Free Member

Apparently the suspect package has been identified as a ‘trophy’.

🙂

or a shot on target

Junkyard
    Free Member

More chance of a trophy than your boys Jamby but both were good jokes

😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Spurs just scored and Arsenal looking like….well, Arsenal with a 1 goal lead and all the possession. So could end up as it was before kick off yet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m too depressed to even consider the possibility of a draw 🙁 ..edit: even against 10 men of a relegated team

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.