Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • 99 reasons why kids cry…
  • alpin
    Free Member

yesterday we had a full houae. the GF had invited her family round. being nice i made everyone a drink. offered her 2 year old niece a drink. made her a mango/water mix in a small plastic becker. passed it to her. cue ten minutes of ear wrenchingly painful screaming and carrying-on….

and i’m the one made to feel stupid when parents and grand parents tell me it was because i gave her the wrong cup…
    WTF!?

she’s got some real shocks coming to her.

what stupid, inane, inexplicable things set your kid/s off?

boxfish
    Free Member

scotroutes

Not getting to watch My Little Pony.

I wouldn’t mind so much but he’s 18!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

nothing much as they grow out of it

its not that surprising that young kids are often irrational and beyond reason

dknwhy

Nail clipping. Hair cuts with scissors cos they’re sharp.

jekkyl

some of my little girls latest, she’ll be 3 in a week.

.because she couldn’t press the bell into nursery because the teacher saw us coming and opened it.
    .because I closed her bedroom door, she wanted to close it so she had to open it again and then close it.
    .because she wanted mummy to brush her teeth!!!
    .because she wanted the light on to do a poo.
    .because she wanted the green fork with dinner.
    etc etc

It’s all I can do to hold in the laughter when she starts going on with this BS which only makes her worse and she shouts through her tears ‘stop laughing Daddy, I’m not happy’

jam-bo
    D0NK

if they are tired and/or hungry pretty much anything will do it.
    anything.
    at.
    all.

dabble
    Free Member

My 3 year old niece gets really frustrated, it’s funniest when she’s on her trike, she can’t go all the way round yet with the pedals so sort of half cranks for a bit then sits there and cries/ gets mad. Suppose it’s not that irrational, i think i’d cry if i couldn’t ride me bike properly 😥 😳 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Hora..

puppypower
    Free Member

I think it’s fair enough to want the lights on to do a poo. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

It’s when they stop making noises you need to be worried.

Generally I was never too concerned unless too much fluid was coming out or a dramatic colour change had taken place. Everything else was usually minor.

pictonroad

Yesterday, full on meltdown on the pavement causing people to look out of the window. Reason:

I wouldn’t let him park the camper van.

He’s two and a half.

bencooper
    Free Member

Last week, because I wouldn’t help her make some gunpowder. She’s 3-and-a-half.

gogg
    Free Member

Have you seen that advert where the kid sulks as she asked for “ham & lettuce, not lettuce & ham”.

Mine are like that.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d have given mine cheese and tomato.

CountZero

Generally I was never too concerned unless too much fluid was coming out or a dramatic colour change had taken place.

Sounds like a few members on here… 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Similar to the OP’s incident – when we were nippers, my 2 brothers used to row and shout and bicker at each other over who had the “R” plate.
    There was this set of cereal bowls with a pattern on them, only one of them had a ® on it… being the middle child I was way above such nonsense

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Assume the OP meant “beaker”.

And, if so, I hope it wasn’t THAT beaker….

wilko1999
    Free Member

jekkyls near 3 year old sounds exactly like my near 3 year old

This morning it was screaming because she wasn’t allowed to wear her new furry mittens while eating her breakfast 😀

jekkyl

I’ve got some great camera phone video which will be played at her wedding. It’s what Dads Do !!! 😀

EDIT: the poo incident was only this morning. She comes in to us at 6am this morning with ‘I want a poo poo’ ok so I got up and went into the loo, as I’ve only woken and there was a bit of light coming in through the window I went in with her without switching the light on, cue melt down. Ok so light now on, child sitting straining, Daddy in hall without light on. ‘come out when you’re finished’ I said. She comes out 5 minutes later, ‘have you done a poo?’ I ask, ‘No’ comes the reply, ‘I just done a wee wee’ me thinking: ‘AGHHHHHH SO YOU’VE JUST WOKEN ME UP FOR NOTHING!!!’

alpin
    Free Member

@ CFH::: yup….. getting confused with the German “Becher”… becher, becker, beacher, beaker…. 😳

i’ve been here too lang 😉

sugdenr
    Free Member

for the little one, ANYTHING if she doesnt get it/there before her older sister

just talking about the idea of maybe moving house – ‘but this is where I grew up, its all my memories you are throwing away’

wukfit
    Free Member

i think CFH meant the penis beaker?

franksinatra

because she wanted the light on to do a poo

How can she be expected to read the newspaper without the light on 🙄

whatnobeer
    Free Member

How can she be expected to read the newspaper without the light on

Smart phones are backlit these days 😉

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Reasons my 2 year old’s cried had an emotional melt-down this week;

I wouldn’t let him eat bird poo

I took his bike helmet off at bath time (we’d finished riding 2 hours earlier)

I wouldn’t let him climb inside the fridge

I wouldn’t let him have any coffee

I wouldn’t let him drive the car

I held his hand as he waded into the sea

I speared the wrong piece of pineapple with his fork (he wanted the third from left, not fourth!)

I’ve been told it gets worse as they hit 3!

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve been told it gets worse as they hit 3!

Yup 😉

mogrim

My 13 year old daughter gets in a right strop if anyone dares to sit in “her” seat at the table.

I start singing “Happy Talk” (as in the Captain Sensible / South Pacific) song to my kids when they’re in a foul mood, that really pisses them off 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

Diddy Dutch is now 3 and a half, he has his episodes but as he’s getting older, he’s much funnier.

This weekends highlight was him running out the bathroom shouting:

Daddy, daddy, there’s a chocolate monster log hiding in the toilet for you.

No idea where he gets it from, I blame his mother 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

My youngest is going through that phase at 2.5. Lately she screams the place down at the drop of a hat. Most recently she screamed the place down at not being able to wear knickers, so we made her promise to go peepee on the toilet. 5 mins later, piss all over the living room floor.

Longarmedmonkey

What!? Kids need a reason to cry!

Putting lemon juice in No more tears shampoo will do it. Make sure you add a comma in the product name with a permanent marker then its their own look out.

Northwind

I saw a brilliant one yesterday, child and dad ambling along looking at trees. “Daddy, what’s that tree?” He stops to read the little sign. She explodes into incoherent rage, and ends up lying on the ground like she’d been shot, sobbing uncontrollably. Finally she calms down enough to explain it’s because he’s ALWAYS READING THINGS.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

…. but a bitch aint one?
    sorry ill get my coat

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘99 reasons why kids cry…’ is closed to new replies.