Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,456 total)
  • 9/11 documentary
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Off centre mass would be a possibility. Think Jenga, no external lateral force, still results in bulk lateral movement

This deserves response because I know you are not trolling, you are robustly questioning.

In jenga, the energy during the fall, in the down direction, is much less than the energy required to smash/crush/destroy the jenga blocks.So the falling blocks deflect off relatively very strong block below, cos they have nowhere else to go.
    In wtc, the energy required to crush any level below, is utterly insignificant to the energy during the fall.

jonnyboi

In isolation, many of the theories regarding the towers collapse as a result of plane impact and fire do seem perfectly reasonable, all we’re ever likely to have on that front is informed conjecture from either camp

That said, when looking at cases which bear some similarities, it’s not unreasonable to question not only the mode of collapse, but the factors which led to

I’m fairly sure that only one camp is using informed conjecture.

Out of the buildings shown above what fundamental design similarities do they have, and importantly what differences?

what do the fires have in common? E.G. were any of them caused by the flash ignition of 90,000 litres of fuel or did they start in one small location and spread from there over time? I’m fairly sure you know the answer already

5plusn8
    Free Member

you’d be surprised, but you’re missing the point. In the absense of an acting force the brick (or whatever) will continue horizontally at the same speed, it won’t get any faster, it would infact slow down due to air resistance, but the amount is not the point, the point is that gravity is STILL acting on it vertically so it will accelerate vertically.

Smash a brick on an anvil and it will go sideways, by a couple of meters,or maybe 5, if that happens 100 floors up the wtc, at 70m wide, it does not look as if its gone far sideways, but its still got 400m odd to go down.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

…with magic explosives that don’t make any sound. Aye. Right.…with magic explosives that don’t make any sound. Aye. Right.

…oh you were there?

jonnyboi

This deserves response because I know you are not trolling, you are robustly questioning.

In jenga, the energy during the fall, in the down direction, is much less than the energy required to smash/crush/destroy the jenga blocks.
    In wtc, the energy required to crush any level below, is utterly insignificant to the energy during the fall.

indeed, imagine jenga where the blocks are 95% air and they are physically joined together. Now structurally weaken them rather than trying to topple it.

As mentioned early as a very good analogy, if you want to simulate the aircraft impact on your jenga then flick a sugar lump at it.

gonefishin
    Free Member

…oh you were there?

Nope but there were one or two other people there and I’m led to believe that there might have been some news coverage too. Spookily enough no one has ever reported hearing explosives which, had they been used, would certainly have been heard.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I have now lost track of who are the truthers and who are the sane ones!

What’s all this sugar cube business?

aracer
    Free Member

If the whole of one side of a structure between floors stays intact whilst the other side collapses, then given the numbers here the sin of the angle is 4/70 – still an order of magnitude less horizontal forces even resulting from a collapse in such a fashion. The reality is that nowhere near that much offset happened during the collapse. I’m not sure where you think you’re getting a bigger bump angle than that affecting the whole structure, unless you’re completely discounting the floor by floor collapse model.

amedias
    Free Member

1)Probability that it would collapse ‘neatly’ given that if it was a controlled explosion:

high, being that that is the aim of a controlled demolition and a building of that construction type cant really collapse any other way, it can’t topple so what other way for it to collapse is there?

2)Probability that it was a controlled explosion, given that it collapsed neatly:

Impossible to answer as this is a non-sequitur, since the only manner in which a building of that construction type could collapse is ‘neatly’ (in this context) whether controlled or not you cannot infer a probability of the former from the latter.

amedias
    Free Member

indeed, imagine jenga where the blocks are 95% air and they are physically joined together. Now structurally weaken them rather than trying to topple it.

oh, and set fire to them too, just because it’d be fun 😉

5plusn8
    Free Member

I have now lost track of who are the truthers and who are the sane ones!

What’s all this sugar cube business?

its to do with ponys. feeding of.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ll just quote myself from two days ago, because I don’t think I was too far off the mark.

jimjam

Multiple questionable or seemingly incongruous issues which open these rabbit holes in the conspiracy theorists mind and without expertise in multiple fields it’s impossible to fully rebuke or rebuff them.

Taking 9/11 as an example – someone who wants to disprove the conspiracy theorists needs to have expertise in aerodynamics, aviation, architectural/structural engineering, metallurgy, demolition….etc etc etc

Even if you happen to actually be a world renowned expert in one of those fields the conspiracy theorist will simply switch to another “fact” or more “evidence” of something else. Something which renders your expertise in the previous field irrelevant, and you are suddenly back on a level playing field of guesswork and supposition.

Also, I think it’s worth keeping track of the full spectrum of this conspiracy. Let me see if I can get this straight.

1. The jets which hit the Twin Towers were actually empty, and they were radio controlled.
    2. The radio controlled jets were actually missiles disguised as planes, this is how they caused so much damage.
    3. The twin towers were both destroyed by controlled demolition because it looked a bit like a controlled demolition.
    4. WTC7 was destroyed by controlled demolition, not fires caused by burning debris from the twin towers.
    5. WTC7 had 91,000 litres of diesel in it, but this didn’t contribute to the fire because they found all that diesel in the wreckage…so they managed to blow the building up with explosives, but avoided rupturing the diesel tanks.

jam-bo

Don’t forget the unicorns.

jimjam
    Free Member

am bo – Member

Don’t forget the unicorns.

Ah yes. The unicorns were controlling the jets missiles from the edge of the flat earth.

maxtorque

This is a democracy (sort of!) and we’ve now heard evidence from both sides, so lets vote on it (ive added my vote)

A) The WTC was hit and brought down by aircraft hijacked by terrorists: VOTES: 1

B) The WTC was brought down deliberately by some secret agency to cover some secret evidence or event, or to influence public opinion: VOTES: 0

Please copy /paste, adding your vote. At some point when we have the results we can close this thread with the relevant majority finding

jimjam
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member

This is a democracy (sort of!)

Pffft. Clearly someone isn’t woke enough to know that the (flat) earth is run by a secret cabal of illuminati shape shifting lizard pedophiles who maintain the illusion of democracy and freedom to suit their own nefarious purposes.

Begone with your talk of votes and “evidence”. Come back when you’re able to lift the veil of lies from your eyes and see the world for what it really is. You are living in a dream world, and delusion and all of your “evidence” is exactly what “they” want you to believe.

And /sarcasm /smiley /somekindoffunnyanimated.gif

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

C) There are many anomalies surrounding 9/11 VOTES: 1

nickc

I’m guessing the people who are trying to explain away science with politics still think it was a conspiracy, the people that don’t understand science still think it’s a conspiracy, and the people that understand science still think they can convince the conspiracy theorists, is that about right?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Nooooo! the Towers are NOT like Jenga.

The point was not to compare the Towers to Jenga, but to give you and example of a system which has no external lateral force, yet lateral displacement occurs.

nealglover
    Free Member

FTFY

slowoldman

C) There are many anomalies surrounding 9/11 VOTES: 1

Just give me the top 5, I haven’t got all night.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’m not saying it’s the mind control dolphins.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45hI6YuC-I&t=200s

fire too intense…

mostly due to structural failure…

ground zero…

from one minute in should do you.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

…oh and just some people who were actually there ….

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Nope but there were one or two other people there and I’m led to believe that there might have been some news coverage too. Spookily enough no one has ever reported hearing explosives which, had they been used, would certainly have been heard.

Just look at these two liars 😉

jonnyboi

A) The WTC was hit and brought down by aircraft hijacked by terrorists: VOTES: 2

B) The WTC was brought down deliberately by some secret agency to cover some secret evidence or event, or to influence public opinion: VOTES: 0

crankboy
    Free Member

Jive do you think two big passenger plains with passengers on flew into the sides of the WTC towers ?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

A) The WTC was hit and brought down by aircraft hijacked by terrorists: VOTES: 2

B) The WTC was brought down deliberately by some secret agency to cover some secret evidence or event, or to influence public opinion: VOTES: 1

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’d have to be pretty mental to regularly mention Bandar Bin Sultan’s links to the hijackers and Mohammed Atta at Huffman Aviation if I didn’t think planes flew into the WTC towers.

But as I’ve said, there are many anomalies…

Cheekyboy’s video is a good example:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zED8dy63w[/video]

Of course, it doesn’t prove anything outright… but it’s reasonable to imagine experienced firefighters have a grasp on the difference between an explosion and structural collapse or any other phenomenon which would’ve bought the lobby down.

I’d highly recommend watching this film:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSyFD51vN_4[/video]

In addition to covering a lot of ground, it goes a bit more into the background of the security arrangements of the buildings.

On top of that, it’s really well made, entertaining and in some parts funny. Brilliant work considering it’s all just the one guy and jam packed with plenty of solid research.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Jive do you think two big passenger plains with passengers on flew into the sides of the WTC towers ?

On this: planes were swapped in flight (youtube is your friend), with military planes, adapted/loaded with lord only knows,.. passenger planes were diverted landed (lord only knows what became of the passengers, don’t even want to think about that)… planes hit buildings. no plane hit WT7, that was demolished, so…that means 1 and 2 were too.

…there were supposed mobile phone calls made from loved ones….this has been proved impossible in 2001 from the height the planes were at at the time.

jonnyboi

Wow, just wow!!

amedias
    Free Member

The point was not to compare the Towers to Jenga, but to give you and example of a system which has no external lateral force, yet lateral displacement occurs.

I see what you were getting at, but it’s still misplaced. I’ve tried to explain to that it behaves differently because it’s a different kind of structure. You might expect some toppling with a rigid structure but not a structure like the Towers, and especially once you take the scale difference into account.

There is still no external lateral force by the way (other than an initial push maybe), your Jenga tower topples due to the vertical force of gravity, the toppling is because it is able to transfer load between it’s rigid components and essentially pivot, at least until the pivot point moves, it doesn’t move sideways because of a continuing lateral input force, it topples due to gravity and the rigid nature of the structure. Once the bricks separate it all falls downwards of course, it doesn’t continue moving sideways other than any existing horizontal momentum.

TLDR, Jenga is different so not relevant.

crankboy
    Free Member

” planes were swapped in flight (youtube is your friend), with military planes, adapted/loaded with lord only knows,.. passenger planes were diverted landed (lord only knows what became of the passengers, don’t even want to think about that”
    Why? Why swop the planes if you were going to”disaster ” the passengers , why not just hijack the planes and crash the actual planes into the towers ?
    “. planes hit buildings. no plane hit WT7, that was demolished, so…that means 1 and 2 were too.” If you plan to demolish the buildings without the planes why bring planes into the equation just blow the buildings up.

bails

Of course, it doesn’t prove anything outright… but it’s reasonable to imagine experienced firefighters have a grasp on the difference between an explosion and structural collapse or any other phenomenon which would’ve bought the lobby down.

Hang on, earlier in the thread, firefighters couldn’t possibly have predicted the collapse of WTC7 because they just spray water on fires, they’re not structural engineers or anything clever like that.

You really need to conspire with your fellow theorists to come up with a consistent story.

Edit:

” planes were swapped in flight (youtube is your friend), with military planes, adapted/loaded with lord only knows,.. passenger planes were diverted landed (lord only knows what became of the passengers, don’t even want to think about that”

Why? Why swop the planes if you were going to”disaster ” the passengers , why not just hijack the planes and crash the actual planes into the towers ?
    “. planes hit buildings. no plane hit WT7, that was demolished, so…that means 1 and 2 were too.”
    If you plan to demolish the buildings without the planes why bring planes into the equation just blow the buildings up.

Exactly. At lizard/illuminati HQ they got together and said “right then lads, we’re going to blow up the world trade centre” and someone said “oh, how, with a bomb?”. And they said “no, with what looks like planes. We’ve got our best men on it, and they’ve realised that actually a plane won’t make the building fall down so we’re going to make it look like planes but actually use *something else?!?!?* to get the job done”.

And nobody said “well, if planes wouldn’t do the job, wouldn’t someone figure it out?”

It’s like putting together a false-flag terrorist ‘atrocity’, only the bad guys are armed with supersoakers instead of AKs, and just hoping that nobody notices that supersoakers aren’t usually fatal.

nealglover
    Free Member

…don’t even want to think about that…

Thinking doesn’t appear to be one of your strong points anyway. So I wouldn’t worry too much.

crankboy
    Free Member

From memory there were only two cell phone calls placed on 9/11. Both were from UAL93. Both were when the aircraft was below 7,000ft. Both did not last longer than a minute or so. Both took several attempts before the calls were connected due to poor reception.The bulk of the calls were from airphones the built in phones in the seatbacks. I guess the hostages were not worried about their credit card bills.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wow, there are some seriously diverse viewpoints one here.

Who said the UK wasn’t both diverse and divided 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

From memory there were only two cell phone calls placed on 9/11. Both were from UAL93. Both were when the aircraft was below 7,000ft. Both did not last longer than a minute or so. Both took several attempts before the calls were connected due to poor reception.The bulk of the calls were from airphones the built in phones in the seatbacks. I guess the hostages were not worried about their credit card bills.

Indeed. Given if it was a conspiracy the amount of planning that must of gone into it, letting cell phone calls slip out, or make up a story that’s impossible would be a pretty big gaff.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Thinking doesn’t appear to be one of your strong points anyway. So I wouldn’t worry too much.

Oooh get you. 8)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

5:40 …more people who knew WT7 was about to collapse…

Did you hear that? Keep your eye on that building it will be coming down soon…

wow, everyone is an expert, or everyone got to have a nice chat with an expert with a crystal ball

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,456 total)

The topic ‘9/11 documentary’ is closed to new replies.