Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,456 total)
  • 9/11 documentary
  • maxtorque

So a video where fire fighters describe “explosions” means there were bombs?

Really? How would you describe the sounds, pressures,vibration, dust and smells of a large building collapsing all around you?

At no point do they say “a bomb went off and the building collapsed”.

It’s also a well known phenomena that eye witness accounts to dramatic incidents are highly un-reliable. Confusion on the ground is rife. After the event, it’s easy, with the benefit of collation and hindsight to say “oh yeah, a plane flew into the building and it fell down” but i bet if you were in it at the time, an weren’t looking out the window to see the approaching plane you’d not have a clue what had occured.

Anyone who thinks a video of some firefighters describing a build collapsing as “an explosion” and somehow gets to “a bomb was deliberately set off” is a moron.

maxtorque

BTW, What did conspiracists do before You tube?

Guess they just sat in their bedsits alone knocking one out whilst normal people, who have long ago given up trying to talk to them, went out and actually had real social interactions…….. 😆

batfink
    Free Member

I suppose if they’re all on this thread, then at least the rest of the forum is safe, right?

Is this thread a STW conspiracy?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It’s also a well known phenomena that eye witness accounts to dramatic incidents are highly un-reliable. Confusion on the ground is rife. After the event, it’s easy, with the benefit of collation and hindsight to say “oh yeah, a plane flew into the building and it fell down” but i bet if you were in it at the time, an weren’t looking out the window to see the approaching plane you’d not have a clue what had occured.

Anyone who thinks a video of some firefighters describing a build collapsing as “an explosion” and somehow gets to “a bomb was deliberately set off” is a moron.

The silly thing is, I actually agree with you on those points… I was even going to edit the original post to point out the mention of bomb in the caption could be misleading, but was worried someone would jump down my throat in the usual forum fashion.

To get to the bottom of this though, we need to establish if they came out after the complete collapse of the building (I’d be very surprised if that was the case, but stranger things have happened)

CountZero

5plusn8 – Member
    except at the edges
    lots of stuff got ejected sideways, have you seen the videos.

I watched the Towers fall, live on telly, then over and over again in the news reports that followed, and lots of stuff that got ejected sideways ended up coating a large part of Manhattan, it being vast amounts of loose paper, pulverised glass, concrete, insulation material, and human remains.
    Powder, basically, which is now causing the inevitable health problems among all those who were covered in it and inhaled it.
    There are also those objects that chose to jump…

Northwind

The thing about conspiracy theorists… If you believe that They are running a massive conspiracy to control the world, and that They will happily kill anyone that crosses their path… How are all the people speading the Truth still alive?

bails – Member

It’s like putting together a false-flag terrorist ‘atrocity’, only the bad guys are armed with supersoakers instead of AKs, and just hoping that nobody notices that supersoakers aren’t usually fatal.

Bails for king

5plusn8
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    He’s not a troll he seriously believes it

Nah, he avoids any questions that might trap him into agreeing with something that is true and could undermine his conspiracy.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Questioning simple answers to complex questions does not necessarily mean one believes in conspiracy. It might be driven by a desire to understand what happened.

sbob
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow – Member

5:40 …more people who knew WT7 was about to collapse…

Did you hear that? Keep your eye on that building it will be coming down soon…

😆
    Do you think that maybe they could hear the structure failing? Over some time, not instantly as in a controlled explosion?

Large structures make noise as they fatigue.
    Fatigue perhaps caused by fire.
    *Fire that didn’t set off any explosives prematurely, and didn’t burn through any wires used in the detonation of said imaginary explosives.

This is your proof? 😆

Pulling the building?
    You mean pulling your men from the building. This context makes sense in every batshit video you link to, demolishing the building does not.

Get a new hobby.

*I have professional experience in the use of explosives. You don’t.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member
    Questioning simple answers to complex questions does not necessarily mean one believes in conspiracy. It might be driven by a desire to understand what happened.

Very true, it’s important to be able to question things. BUT if you don’t listen to the answers, don’t accept that other people have expertise in those areas etc. Then you are heading fast to nut job conspiracy theorist.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah but no but yeah but no but

nedrapier

What is deeply unpleasant about this thread, and all discussions like it, is the sneering derision.

Some are asking intelligent questions in order to fill gaps in their understanding.

I don’t have the knowledge to seriously pick holes the official account, but there are a lot of people who are, and do – a decent chunk of those 2945 professional architects and engineers who have put their name down in their professional capacity to ask for a fuller understanding.

NIST had to come up with a complex computer model to try and explain how the towers came down (apparently, “gravity = down, duh” was deemed not to be a sufficiently full and complete explanation)

Apparently there are aspects of this which don’t make sense and differ to the observable facts of the event, but NIST won’t release the numbers and assumptions behind their model, so those experts are campaigning for fuller disclosure.

Those people (again, most more qualified to comment than some or all on here; most will have spent more time looking into it than some or all on here) are saying there are aspects which aren’t explained.

It’s sort of fun having a play with concepts on here, but I think anyone who thinks they can fully explain the collapses in a paragraph is kidding themselves.

it’s important to be able to question things. BUT if you accept the answers as gospel, without considering commentary from a whole lot of other people with have expertise in those areas etc. Then you are heading fast to a position that’s just as much a belief system as a “nut job conspiracy theorist’s”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is accepting as gospel and accepting that planes were seen flying into the towers and suggesting a mega conspiracy that involved professional demolition.

Perhaps more information could be released it would it disprove the facts above?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Very true, it’s important to be able to question things. BUT if you don’t listen to the answers, don’t accept that other people have expertise in those areas etc. Then you are heading fast to nut job conspiracy theorist

Of course, but we should question the experts too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Of course, but we should question the experts too.

Yes properly, and listen to the answers and respect when people are more qualified to answer those questions.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But only if they are explanatory. A few too many in here are along the lines of,look – I know this stuff, yeah!?

5plusn8
    Free Member

The problem Ned as I see it is that people put genuine effort into trying to answer the questions only to be met with:
    1) The threefish approach – Oh I can’t be bothered to engage any more I don’t have time (eg it looks like you are about to prove me wrong so I am going to piss off for a while and come back with my nut job bollocks later)
    2) Or wilfull trolling a-la JHJ.

So sometimes other people get caught up in the frustrations of this, if you have and you are genuine then I am sorry. I would be happy to try and work through your objections and attend to the areas where you think it falls down (sic). It is hard to discern who wants to explore and who is just being mendacious.

eg CharlieMungus seems to be genuine, although it is important even to question that as some of his responses border on trolling/wilfulignoring.

nedrapier

Yes properly, and listen to the answers and respect when people are more qualified to answer those questions.

Quite.

Something happened, some experts came up with a way of explaining how it happened given the position that there were no separate, intervening forces. A lot of other experts have said there are significant shortcomings in that explanation, but requests for information have not been entered into. There is scientific doubt in the official explanation.

Plenty of much less qualified people on this thread have no doubt whatsoever, but they have sneering derision for those that do recognise that doubt.

neilwheel
    Free Member

What happens in these discussions is the tag team effect, one starts, their argument is dismissed, then another one takes over, usually with a similar but equally flawed point or points. There are only so many times the same argument can be discussed before people start getting frustrated and chucking shit at each other.

5plusn8
    Free Member

A lot of other experts have said there are significant shortcomings in that explanation, but requests for information have not been entered into. There is scientific doubt in the official explanation.

This is not entirely correct. the architects and engineers for truth are mostly not engineers. And architecture is not a science.

nedrapier

OK, fair enough, I’ve been careful to say most and some. There’ll be plenty on there who are straight of school and spent more time on pretty pictures and structural engineering.

They’re will be some who know exactly what they’re talking about. Or are you saying none of them? Are you in a position to address the key questions and requests for clarity they have put forward? Are they right to put them forward? Should they be answered by those they’re put to (NIST?)

tjagain

There is scientific doubt in the official explanation.

Nope – there is none whatsoever. There is opinion from unqualified people that shows gross misunderstandings of the science. The classic example of this is the idea the towers fell at freefall speed. they didn’t as can be easily seen from all the videos

Take a premise that is wrong and extrapolate from that you get a nonsense answer.

GIGO ( garbage in garbage out)

nedrapier

tj. ours crossed.

tjagain

Yup – my point still stands. there is not a single shred of evidence that stacks up to scientific scrutiny that shows anything at all wrong with the official line. NOT ONE SHRED

All the conspiracy theories have been completely debunked by people who know what they are talking about. Every one

5plusn8
    Free Member

They’re will be some who know exactly what they’re talking about. Or are you saying none of them?

Yes I am saying none of them.

Are you in a position to address the key questions and requests for clarity they have put forward?

I’ll try, happy to engage.

Are they right to put them forward?

Yes/maybe if the questions are invalid or not based on the scientific method then no.

Should they be answered by those they’re put to (NIST?)

Depends, NIST have answered this many times over.
    Saying that NIST haven’t answered them is wilfull trolling on the part of the truthers.

tjagain

ned rapier. YOu give me one thing that you believe shows that the official explanation is wrong. One piece you believe shows best that their was ore than the official explanation. I will then take it to pieces for you

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ned go for it – put your questions. Ignore the insults, I will happily try and address as long as you are prepared to answer my questions? Fair enough?

nickc

but we should question the experts too.

That’s fine, but if you start with the idea already that the towers came down because of nefarious actions by a cabal of the Govt, (as C.Theorists are mostly trying to do, as opposed to trying to understand difficult physics) then the questions you ask will be directed by your own conformation bias.

so therefore, aren’t going to add clarity in any way.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

CharlieMungus seems to be genuine, although it is important even to question that as some of his responses border on trolling/wilfulignoring.

Really? I haven’t wilfully ignored anyone. There have been a variety of genuine answers and ideas put forward by folk and others which are less rich and tinged with derision. I happily engage with the constructive discussions.

I’m not entirely sure where the trolling idea comes from, perhaps from Junkyard’s comment early in the thread. But let me assure you, neither here nor elsewhere am I trolling.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Away from all the conjecture, back to facts:

On July 3rd, 1979, the CIA gave birth to Islamic fundamentalism when President Carter signed a directive for United States intelligence to provide radical Islamic thinking and arms to Afghan fighters, before the Soviet Union invaded

John O’Neill: Maverick counter-terrorism expert in the FBI. O’Neill tracked Osama bin Laden since 1995. He knew more about Osama than anyone in the world. He tracked him past the Embassy bombings in 1998 and the Cole bombing in 2000. He knew more about Osama and al Qaeda than anyone in the world.

Then O’Neill got in some trouble. His investigation into terrorism were blocked from up on high.

Blocked by whom?

In the summer of 2001, he resigned as Deputy Director of the FBI. At the same time, he was publicly opposed to the anti-terrorism policies of President George W. Bush. On September 10th, 2001, he started his new job, with a company called Kroll Associates, as head of security at the World Trade Center. A day later, he was dead, a victim of the September 11th terrorist attacks. He died at the World Trade Center.

The FBI’s top counter-terrorism expert, who after chasing bin Laden for six years happened to take a job in the private sector,is murdered in an internationally-televised terrorist attack blamed on his arch nemesis? Killed by his arch nemesis. How ironic.

Why did O’Neill start working at the Trade Center? Why were his investigations into al Qaeda stopped? Who arranged for him to get his new, ill-fated job?

We know the answers to these questions now, and none of them have to do with Osama bin Laden. The more you look at the whole, and not just the pieces, the more you understand what really happened.

John O’Neill is the key. Look into John O’Neill.

Kroll Associates, Brian Jenkins, Jerome Hauer. Look for John O’Neill. He is the key. Michael Cherkasky, ever looked into the LAPD? Why don’t you go back to the FBI, Robert Mueller?

John O’Neill’s investigations through the New York City offices of the FBI were run in concert with the CIA. The offices were in World Trade Center building number 7. World Trade Center building number 7. Floors 23 through 26 were the federal bunker offices of all the federal agencies in New York City, Set up by Jerome Hauer. Jerome Hauer was the guy who got John O’Neill his job at the World Trade Center.

Who killed John O’Neill, and why?

To understand what happened to John O’Neill you have to know what happened on 9/11.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’m just questioning to be sure that’s all Charlie. ..

outofbreath
    Free Member

So, where are we now with the theory:

1) In spite of total disregard for lives of firemen elsewhere, the conspirators passed the message to firemen that WTC7 was going to collapse so they could all escape.
    2) A plane can’t destory a WTC tower, However the conspirators chose to use planes as the cover for the demolition.
    3) Even though planes can’t destroy WTC towers, if they do the tower falls sideways, like a tree. However the conspirators chose not to rig the towers to collapse in a credible way, even though (we’re told) that would be far easier rather than intricately getting the towers to drop Dibnah style into their own footprint.
    4) The conspirators rigged three towers to collapse. They decided not to bother with a cover story for one of the towers and just blew it up without crashing a plane into it.
    5) Thousands of people have kept quiet about all this for nearly 20 years in spite of changes of government.
    6) In spite of performing an incredible feat of planning and secrecy the conspirators left glaring clues which the authorities can’t spot but a handful of conspiracy theorists *can* spot.
    7) The conspirators never silence the conspiracy theorists who spill the beans on this stuff.

What is deeply unpleasant about this thread, and all discussions like it, is the sneering derision.

Agree. Let’s play the ball not the man.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The problem Ned as I see it is that people put genuine effort into trying to answer the questions only to be met with:

Don’t foget the 5plusn8 ‘genuine’ approach. How would you describe that? Everyone else is a troll and wilfully ignorant, so when are you the same? Or do other people need to figure that out for you too?

You weren’t about to disprove anything I said yesterday, you were just selectively ignoring (what’s another term for that?) anything that supported a contradiction to your own view in order that you could wander off with me down some convoluted explanation of a totally different scenario which I might possibly have agreed with, so you could then have said “see!! That shows how how the NIST version is correct.”. It’s a fascinating control drama and I’m sure it serves you well in life, but it’s also borderline offensive.

My position is this: I don’t believe the three buildings came down because of natural collapse. It contradicts my understanding of physics and probability, especially WTC7. Nobody I’m aware of has ever been able to physically demonstrate an alternative to controlled demolition – plenty of maths and computer models (animations), not a single experiment. I want to be wrong. I don’t want to have to consider that there are people who would be involved in anything like this. But I’m not naive; the US has an authoritarian/corporate system(s) set up to profit – either fanancially, politically or ideologically – from any disaster.

Bickering about hypothesis is largely pointless; it’s virtually impossible now for anyone to prove anything, certainly not in the arena of an undisciplined forum ‘debate’. It’s a distraction from the observation of socio-political process, which is difficult enough at the best of times, and needs to be viewed as such. Who profited from 911 and how? Do we accept these people and these agendas as representative of our wishes for a society we are part of?

Now, if I may be excused, breakfast is finished so I’ll sack this/you off again and go and put a day’s work in doing something I love. You have a good one yourself…

5plusn8
    Free Member

Translation: I refuse to answer the questions put to me.

I was and am happy to engage with you. I want to take you down a path to show you something, it was getting close to you being shown something. If you really think I was wrong why not continue that conversation and prove me wrong?

edit – its not bickering, it’s discussion.

tjagain

so can any ogf the people who think there is more than the oficial story give me the one piece of evidence that shows this? I will then take that to piece if I can. so the one killer fact please

outofbreath
    Free Member

Beevor on conspiracy theories:

seizing upon one or two minor discrepancies in a government report, then joining up all the wrong dots to create a monstrous fable that runs completely counter to the facts.

He’s right. Some people find it mildly implausable that a collapsing building would largely fall downwards and extrapolate that to a completely ludicrous conclusion which is counter to logic and fact.

amedias
    Free Member

The frustration comes from people arguing with things phrases like “it looks strange” or “I don’t get how it could do X” and then instead of realising there might be a gap in knowledge and going to do some reading, picking up a text book, or doing some online classes (or even listening to other people) they leap to straight to “since I don’t understand it means the explanation is wrong and something nefarious happened”

And that’s not directed at any one person in particular, it’s a general trend and it’s difficult not to be generally frustrated even if specific people try to cut through it. If I have come across as derisory to anyone then I genuinely apologise for that unreservedly.

But even when it’s explained its “yeah but what about blah…”, forget blah you’re STILL starting from an assumption and working outwards from there.

Start with the observable bits, and then use knowledge to see if you can explain what happened. If you get to a bit you can’t explain then you’re either missing some knowledge, or some info (observation).

You’ll then have a list of bits you can’t explain.

If other people can credibly/provably explain then then listen to the explanations, question them, and if there’s a bit you’re not sure of research until you are, further your own knowledge, learn, you’ll then either agree with the explanations or have further points for discussion.

But don’t jump from “I don’t understand” to “The explanations are lies”.

There is a very big difference between not being able to fully explain the observations, to claiming to know it was a conspiracy and then trying to make the observations fit your belief.

A good check you can ask yourself at any point is this.

“Do I have enough knowledge about X that I’d be happy to publish a paper explaining X for peer review by experts, and that it wouldn’t get pulled apart within 5 mins”

– If the answer is no, then time to get more knowledge until you can do that.

– If the answer is yes, you’re onto a winner, publish it and be famous, whatever the explanation of X is, if you can prove it, you’re right.

Right now I couldn’t fully explain what happened, I don’t have the required level of expertise in all the necessary fields, but that just means I’m equally unable to say it was a cover up, because, as above I don’t have the required level of expertise in all the necessary fields to refute it.

But I’ve not yet seen anything credible or not easily disproved that supports demolition or conspiracy, or plane swapping, or government organised mass murder.

whitestone
    Free Member

@tjagain – I’ve had this conversation before (on UKC) and when shown “reports” that “proved” the attacks were a conspiracy it was pathetically easy to pull them apart. The longest one I looked at was properly laid out and had references, lots of references. I followed every single one and they all contradicted the conclusions of the document. Basically the author(s) had looked at the referenced documents and cherry picked parts of sentences that supported their case. So there’d be a sentence such as:

“The committee searched for evidence of conspiracy but were unable to find any.”

And the text would just use the words I’ve put in bold.

Every time you pull an argument to pieces …

Squirrel!

5plusn8
    Free Member

amedias – you’ve just described the scientific method. An ordered way of observing the universe and using those observations to explain phenomena.

ctk
    Free Member

The thing is it really doesnt matter if it was a controlled explosion or if it was just the planes.

The only question is: Was anybody in on it?

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,456 total)

The topic ‘9/11 documentary’ is closed to new replies.