Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 650b + wheelset non boost
  • burko73

I just bought a Genesis longitude frame and could do with some wheels. ( non boost )

I’ve googled about a bit and can’t decide/ find what I want. Seems that stock they come with i35 rims and 2.8 tyres.
    Does anyone run a recent (2017) longitude with wider rims/ tyres?

the alpkit rumpus for example are 40 inside width. Could I run these with a 2.8 or a 3.0 wtb tyre and get away with it? Anyone tried it?

Otherwise, without paying silly money, who’s doing wheels such as the wtb i35 rims built up?

What other 40mm rims are suitable and can be specced with a modest hubset?

Cheers

Burko

letmetalktomark

I run 3″ NN tyres on Stans Hugo rims in my Longitude running on Stans hubs.

There is probably enough room (with room for mud) to go to 3.25″.

This is running 1×10

Personally 40mm is about as narrow as I would want to go and be able to maintain the proper Plus effect.

Others will disagree. They are wrong 😆

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the Hope 40mm external tech rims on sp hubs. My 2.8 tyres fill out lovely on them and they are typical hope quality. Fitted a treat in my Banshee Prime. Very happy with them. I might go 3.0 in the future as I have enough room but I’m going to try 2.8 for a little lighter package and see how they are. I didn’t think they were too expensive either .

burko73

Hopes look out of stock in non boost?

Lbs says halo vapour which can be got in 35 or 50. Scrapers etc are 50 mm but can’t see where to get these built up.

Be looking to run with wtb TCs tyres which in my experience are tight as f£&k (nano 42 c’s were on my 700 rims) are they generally ok in plus?

hatter

Moonglu will build a nice set of DT XM551’s (40mm internal) onto Hopes or indeed, any hub you fancy and do a cracking job of it too.

psycorp
    Free Member

I run 3″ Bridgers on Supra 35 rims (30mm internal) and they’re great. There’s a lot of bull flung around about what width rims you need for plus tyres.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I bought mine from crc. Straight pull non boost just under £400.

burko73

Hatter – lovely wheels but £480 is a bit steep for me.

burko73

Any more on this. Might try bearbones.

mb51
    Free Member

Hi. On eBay there’s a company called BIKESTACJA,their polish but are very good. They do a lot of DT SWISS wheelsets, various other wheelsets ,forks and a lot of other stuff. I’ve purchased a set of DT SWISS E2200 and a WTB FREQUENCY TEAM i25 on DT SWISS 350 hubs,both were bargains over the last 2years, with no complaints at all.their always well packaged , with fast trackable delivery by ups.worth a look.hope this helps

boxelder

As above – Halo Vapour
    I have some used non boost wheels – Hope pro2 EVO, Dually 45mm front and Easton 35mm rear. Condition is good but used. New frame and forks are boost 148, so will need adapted. £200ish?

burko73

Boxelder. You got pics I can see? Are they ok on std non boost qr both ends? Richardburke1973 gmail com

boxelder

They are standard qr. I couldn’t get pics til Thurs eve/Fri. The rear rim, from memory, has scratches and one small ‘ding’. I’d have to remove the cassette to see freehub condition – doubtless a bit chewed (as they are soft). Set up tubeless though without any issues.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘650b + wheelset non boost’ is closed to new replies.